PET SEMATARY Actress Wants to Remake Stephen King’s STAND BY ME With Pre-Teen Girls

Alien: Covenant actress Amy Seimetz is no stranger to the world of Stephen King after starring in the recent Pet Sematary remake. And today, she reveals her dream project is an all-female adaptation of King’s novella The Body aka Stand By Me.

Seimetz tells ComingSoon: “It’s not horror, but when we were making Pet Sematary, I was actually talking about how I’d really like to do a new adaptation of Stand By Me with a pre-teen group of girls.”

Hell, sounds like fun to me. Bring it on, I say.

The novella was originally adapted by William Goldman for Rob Reiner’s coming-of-age classic Stand by Me. Nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay, the film follows four young boys – River Phoenix, Wil Wheaton, Jerry O’Connell, and Corey Feldman – who set out to find the dead body of another young body killed near their rural homes. On the way, they encounter a mean junk man and a marsh full of leeches, as they also learn more about one another and their very different home lives. Just a lark at first, the boys’ adventure evolves into a defining event in their lives.

Snag a copy of King’s classic novella HERE.

Are you up for an all-girl Stand By Me? Make sure to hit us up and let us know what you think in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: