MUST-READ: Rob Zombie’s New Touching Tribute to Sid Haig

One year ago, Sid Haig died days after the release of writer-director Rob Zombie’s 3 from Hell. And a year later, Zombie to post a touching tribute to Captain Spaulding.

Zombie took to Facebook, writing: “Well, today marks one year since my buddy Sid Haig left us. We did a lot of stuff together over the twenty years we were friends. He was my first and only choice for Captain Spaulding back in 1999. As sad as it was, I am so glad he got to play Spaulding one last time even if it was brief. He gave it all he had. That was March 2018. Obviously we had originally planned to do much more back then but his health made it impossible. I can only hope this role will help him live on for future generations of horror fans.”

Check out his post below.

In my humble opinion, Zombie and Haig’s best collaboration came in the form of The Devil’s Rejects back in 2005. The film found Sid Haig’s Captain Spaulding hunted along with Otis (Bill Moseley) and Baby (Sheri Moon Zombie), the vengeful Sheriff Wydell (William Forsythe) after a raid on their rural farmhouse.

Rated R for sadistic violence, language, strong sexual content, and drug use, the film sports a 54% on Rotten Tomatoes with a Critics Consensus that reads: Zombie has improved as a filmmaker since “House of 1000 Corpses” and will please fans of the genre, but beware — the horror is nasty, relentless, and sadistic.

What’s your favorite Sid Haig role other than Captain Spaulding? Let us know what you think in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: