Jake Gyllenhaal’s THE GUILTY Remake Snags Director Antoine Fuqua

Jake Gyllenhaal’s American remake of director Gustav Moller’s Danish thriller The Guilty has snagged Southpaw and Training Day director Antoine Fuqua.

Gyllenhaal tells Deadline: “I couldn’t be more excited to work with Antoine again. Our time together on Southpaw was one of the great artistic experiences of my career, and I cannot wait to be back on set with him again. The Guilty is a special story, and one that we all feel very close to.”

Adapted by True Detective creator Nic Pizzolatto, the remake takes place over the course of a single morning in a 911 dispatch call center. Call operator Joe Bayler (Gyllenhaal) tries to save a caller in grave danger—but he soon discovers that nothing is as it seems, and facing the truth is the only way out.

Gyllenhaal and Fuqua produce with Riva Marker, Scott Greenberg, Michel Litvak, Gary Michael Walters, David Litvak, Svetlana Metkina, and David Haring. Annie Marter, Gustav Moller, Lina Flint, Christian Mercuri, and Jon Oakes will be exec producers. The Guilty has secured COVID-19 insurance and will shoot in a single location following rigorous sanitation and safety protocols in L.A. in November.

Have you seen the original film? Make sure to hit us up and let us know what you think in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram!

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: