FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> The Walking Dead
Sirand
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:57 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4003
Location: Hollyweird

Give it up for the future "greatest show on television."



As far as I'm concerned, every upcoming horror movie can go to hell. This is going to be the genre event of this year...maybe the decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:42 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

Sirand wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, every upcoming horror movie can go to hell. This is going to be the genre event of this year...maybe the decade.


Couldn't agree more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Legba
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:06 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 04 Jul 2006
Posts: 1567

I read the comic for awhile. Like most on going sagas, most of its flaws are inherent with the format of having to overly stage dramatic scenarios to keep viewer interest at the expense of any thematic impact and resolution. Recently genre shows, that are strong conceptually, held interest initially before deteriorating, Lost, True Blood, etc. Noting quite like the power of well envisioned, self contained, disciplined narrative for my money.
_________________
Jackie Guerrido Normas el Mundo!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:22 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 9513
Location: There... WOLF!!

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this. Can't fucking wait 'till October.

Then again, I can never fucking wait 'till October.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:01 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 1096

If this show doesn't rake in a massive audience I'm going to be pissed. Fingers crossed!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:08 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

Sirand wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, every upcoming horror movie can go to hell. This is going to be the genre event of this year...maybe the decade.


This Halloween is going to be so effing incredible. I'm going to stop everything that night when this show premieres and watch it. I may even watch it twice.

Does anyone know if they start the pilot like they start the comics i.e. Rick being shot in the line of fire and awakening in the hospital?
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:22 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

I read the script and as far as I recall that's not how it starts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:23 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
I read the script and as far as I recall that's not how it starts.


I kind of figured they'd change it, I wonder if they kept it if people would be comparing it to 28 Days Later since it was very similar in the comics. Hmm.

Either way, I can't wait for a trailer.
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:10 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 9513
Location: There... WOLF!!

LSD Zombie wrote:
If this show doesn't rake in a massive audience I'm going to be pissed. Fingers crossed!


I wouldn't worry about that. People love zombies. It's a no-brainer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
meatpuppet
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:33 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 113

definitely worth watching.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Buz
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:42 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 3590
Location: Cow Palace.

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
I read the script and as far as I recall that's not how it starts.


I read the script too and that's exactly how it starts. Opens with firefight, Rick getting shot, then waking up in the hospital.

I think the first episode ends...

SPOILERS








When he crawls in the tank, and hears someone on the radio.








END SPOILERS




Cannot fucking wait for this show. It looks INCREDIBLE.
_________________
Insert that one line from that one movie from that one actor here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:30 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

The Buz wrote:
Didn't See It Coming wrote:
I read the script and as far as I recall that's not how it starts.


I read the script too and that's exactly how it starts. Opens with firefight, Rick getting shot, then waking up in the hospital.

I think the first episode ends...

SPOILERS








When he crawls in the tank, and hears someone on the radio.








END SPOILERS




Cannot fucking wait for this show. It looks INCREDIBLE.


I am remembering that it starts with zombies, then after the title sequence it goes to that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Buz
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:34 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 3590
Location: Cow Palace.

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
The Buz wrote:
Didn't See It Coming wrote:
I read the script and as far as I recall that's not how it starts.


I read the script too and that's exactly how it starts. Opens with firefight, Rick getting shot, then waking up in the hospital.

I think the first episode ends...

SPOILERS








When he crawls in the tank, and hears someone on the radio.








END SPOILERS




Cannot fucking wait for this show. It looks INCREDIBLE.


I am remembering that it starts with zombies, then after the title sequence it goes to that.



Didn't we read the same thing? I could have sworn I gave you my Walking Dead pilot script.

I honestly don't remember, I just know the fire fight is in there. There might be a little opening tease thing in the very very beginning.
_________________
Insert that one line from that one movie from that one actor here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:36 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

The Buz wrote:
Didn't See It Coming wrote:
The Buz wrote:
Didn't See It Coming wrote:
I read the script and as far as I recall that's not how it starts.


I read the script too and that's exactly how it starts. Opens with firefight, Rick getting shot, then waking up in the hospital.

I think the first episode ends...

SPOILERS








When he crawls in the tank, and hears someone on the radio.








END SPOILERS




Cannot fucking wait for this show. It looks INCREDIBLE.


I am remembering that it starts with zombies, then after the title sequence it goes to that.



Didn't we read the same thing? I could have sworn I gave you my Walking Dead pilot script.

I honestly don't remember, I just know the fire fight is in there. There might be a little opening tease thing in the very very beginning.


That's what I was referring to. It doesn't start exactly like the book. Semantics for sure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Impure159
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:46 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 553

I loved the comics immensely up until one thing happened, after that one event I felt so ripped off and pissed that I stopped paying any attention to the comics in any way.
Due to that I'm not sure how I feel about this series... maybe I'll just watch up until I know that episode is coming then just remove it from my DVR and act like that was the series finale.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 6
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> The Terror Tube

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum