FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> The A-Team
The Buz
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:27 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Did anyone else see this?

You really ought to. This was everything I wanted it to be and more. Great action set pieces, great characters, well adapted from the television show, and one kick ass score.

Really dug the hell out of this one, and I can't wait to go see it again.
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:12 am  Reply with quote

I want to see it. Carnahan is pretty solid in my book and I'm glad you mentioned the score. Alan Silvestri is great.
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:23 am  Reply with quote

Aside from "Survival" and "Splice" it's been a very weak year for movies. I hope this is as fun as it looks, for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:43 pm  Reply with quote

It's a good ride. Bradley Cooper seemed like he got the most focus, but I kinda expected that anyway. Make sure you stay till the end of the credits for a little gag.
Impure159
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:33 pm  Reply with quote

Going to see this tomorrow, out of curiosity how does it stack up against The Losers?
Impure159
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:43 am  Reply with quote

Loved every minute of this.
The Buz
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:40 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Glad you liked it Impure. Sadly not to many people really dug it it seems. I thought this was going to explode after I saw it. It has like 40% on rottontomatoes. Which blows my mind.
Tristan Sinns
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:51 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Terminal wrote:
Aside from "Survival" and "Splice" it's been a very weak year for movies.

Holy shit that's funny!
The Last Exorcism
Piranha 3D
Impure159
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:47 am  Reply with quote

The Buz wrote:
Glad you liked it Impure. Sadly not to many people really dug it it seems. I thought this was going to explode after I saw it. It has like 40% on rottontomatoes. Which blows my mind.

I couldn't believe people saying that they didn't like this, the one review I read probably put it perfectly though, if you don't find the one scene in the trailer of them attempting to fly the tank amazing then this isn't the movie for you.

I really have to ask, what were people expecting to see that they didn't get? Or what specifically didn't they like about this? I really can't think of a single moment that I didn't like, but then again I'm able to turn my brain off for this sort of big dumb action movie and just enjoy it for what it is.
The Buz
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:44 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Impure159 wrote:
The Buz wrote:

I couldn't believe people saying that they didn't like this, the one review I read probably put it perfectly though, if you don't find the one scene in the trailer of them attempting to fly the tank amazing then this isn't the movie for you.

I really have to ask, what were people expecting to see that they didn't get? Or what specifically didn't they like about this? I really can't think of a single moment that I didn't like, but then again I'm able to turn my brain off for this sort of big dumb action movie and just enjoy it for what it is.

I really didnt find it that big and dumb though. That's transformers. It was just...fun. Like I had a legitimate great time watching it. It's very rare to see a movie like that these days.
Impure159
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:03 am  Reply with quote

The Buz wrote:
Impure159 wrote:
The Buz wrote:

I really didnt find it that big and dumb though. That's transformers. It was just...fun. Like I had a legitimate great time watching it. It's very rare to see a movie like that these days.

What I meant by big and dumb is that the movie never once takes itself too seriously. In a time when everything is getting a super "realistic" remake or reboot or whatever it was nice that they didn't try to go that direction with this.