FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Dr. Boll's Rampage
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:10 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Posts: 1463

Sometimes I disagree with Foy but his review is pretty much exactly what I thought of this one. After Tunnel Rats I was very curious to what the Doctor's next original movie would be. I have to say, this guy is going to be taken seriously sooner or later. Look at the progress he's made. From an atrocious zombie move to a genuinely funny spoof and a tight little thriller in about 7 years. Of course I like him more than most people (his Dungeon Siege movie is still one of my favorites. Burt Fuckin' Reynolds, people!) but you honestly can't deny he's moved up.

Tunnel Rats got yanked from Netflix instant fairly quickly so if your interested, check it out. Just don't bother with Seed. Ugh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:48 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 07 Jun 2009
Posts: 1702

The fact that the same person was behind both Rampage and Seed blows my mind. I enjoyed this one quite a bit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:56 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 6478

I watched Alone in the Dark and Bloodrayne and laughed all the way through both with my buddies 'cause they were so Godawful. I haven't bothered with Uwe Boll since but I just rented this one because it sounds like a more relevant Falling Down and I just might enjoy it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:42 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 6478

It was a cool heist flick. Nothing I'd watch again but definitely the best thing I've seen from Boll.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:29 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 9513
Location: There... WOLF!!

Postal was a masterpiece. I still haven't seen Tunnel Rats, although I've meant to. And this is the first I've heard of Rampage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:44 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Posts: 1463

Dr Malachi Constant wrote:
Postal was a masterpiece. I still haven't seen Tunnel Rats, although I've meant to. And this is the first I've heard of Rampage.

Yeah, I only heard of it one or twice, but definitely check it out. If you liked Postal you'll see some dark humor in this one also. The whole coffee shop scene(s) had me smirking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:41 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 6478

frank_dracman wrote:
Dr Malachi Constant wrote:
Postal was a masterpiece. I still haven't seen Tunnel Rats, although I've meant to. And this is the first I've heard of Rampage.

Yeah, I only heard of it one or twice, but definitely check it out. If you liked Postal you'll see some dark humor in this one also. The whole coffee shop scene(s) had me smirking.


The coffee shop scene is like this idea I've had for several years for a series of horror shorts that I'd call situational horror. I think they'd be really cool and horror fans would enjoy them because they'd be brutal but alas I have no camera and no money.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Terminal
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:49 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

nonserviam03 wrote:
The fact that the same person was behind both Rampage and Seed blows my mind. I enjoyed this one quite a bit.


I may have to give this a chance then based on your recommendation. It's been getting good reviews across the board. Who knew Boll was a work in progress, right?
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:07 am  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 9513
Location: There... WOLF!!

I'm rooting for him. Who knows, maybe in another 30 years, we'll be seeing him get some kind of awards recognition. How fucking surreal would that be?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:44 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 07 Jun 2009
Posts: 1702

Dr Malachi Constant wrote:
I'm rooting for him. Who knows, maybe in another 30 years, we'll be seeing him get some kind of awards recognition. How fucking surreal would that be?


I thin I would die if that happened
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:26 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Posts: 1463

nonserviam03 wrote:
Dr Malachi Constant wrote:
I'm rooting for him. Who knows, maybe in another 30 years, we'll be seeing him get some kind of awards recognition. How fucking surreal would that be?


I thin I would die if that happened

So if David DeCoteau got it you'd really flip your shit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Impure159
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:34 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 553

Postal is still my absolute favorite of Boll's films but this was much better than it had any right being.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
resevil80
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:35 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 16 Oct 2007
Posts: 448

I have yet to see a Boll movie I didn't enjoy for one reason or another...well, except Alone in the Dark. I can't wait to see this...Postal was awesome, Tunnel Rats was a nice surprise and even Far Cry was enjoyable as a B grade action flick.

And In the Name of the King....Ray Liotta...The most awesomely over the top performance ever...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
resevil80
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:56 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 16 Oct 2007
Posts: 448

Finally Watched Rampage last night and I have to say it was actually a pretty good movie. The first 20 minutes or so was awkward at times, but once it kicked it, it was entertaining as hell...and the ending was pretty cool also...can I say I am actually looking forward to Stoic and Darfur because they might actually be good movies?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Dread Central Forum Index -> Out of Genre Experience

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum