FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:33 pm  Reply with quote

I rented this one over the weekend to play with my kids and we all loved it. No lag whatsoever too which surprised me. Anybody have any long term impressions of it?
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:13 pm  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
I rented this one over the weekend to play with my kids and we all loved it. No lag whatsoever too which surprised me. Anybody have any long term impressions of it?

I HATE Modern Warfare games, but this one I really liked. The singleplayer is meh, but the Multi is awesome. I love being in a team rather than just running around blowing shit up. You communicate, plan and execute. You pick the best gear for the situation you're in as opposed to sticking exclusively to snipers, for example. It's a shooter to be sure, but when you have a team of four guys with mics and brains there's more strategy than you might think.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:06 pm  Reply with quote

We didn't try the single player. I do love modern warfare games. I heard COD: Modern Warfare 2 is a disaster. I'm still waiting with baited breath for a new Ghost Recon and always hope that someday they'll go back to old-school GRAW which was incredibly badass.

Battlefield is excellent. I love the gameplay and destructible environments. Great atmosphere too and the graphics look amazing. There were tons of people on the servers and this seems like the kind of game that will develop a hardcore following and probably already has since I've been hearing people rave about these games from the first one.

I actually picked it up yesterday but I'm not going to open it until I can test my new broadband service from Cricket when I get my phones and modem delivered in the next couple of days.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:11 am  Reply with quote

So I got my Cricket broadband up and running and it's twice as fast and twice as cheap as well as being unlimited so I think I can do anything now. Multiplayer gaming here I come.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:07 pm  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
So I got my Cricket broadband up and running and it's twice as fast and twice as cheap as well as being unlimited so I think I can do anything now. Multiplayer gaming here I come.

Add me, ya douchebag!
GT- Frank Dracman
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:09 pm  Reply with quote

frank_dracman wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:

Add me, ya douchebag!
GT- Frank Dracman

I'm only taking the PS3 online as of right now and nobody here has one. Weeping openly
Jordan_Atombomb
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:47 am  Reply with quote

I'm online with my PS3 Floyd! And I've actually been playing BC2!
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:41 am  Reply with quote

Modern warfare > WWII shooters.

That being said, I would love this game if it wasn't so unbalanced if you join the fray late. You come up against people with much better weapons and attachments.

Here's hoping the new Medal of Honor kicks ass.