FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Supernatural: Season 5
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:38 pm  Reply with quote

I really loved that they emphasized the importance of the car to the characters and how it ultimately helped Sam reclaim his humanity from Satan. Now I want a '67 Chevy Impala! Laughing
The Buz
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:46 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

One of the single best series finales I've ever seen.

Bravo to all the creatives behind this amazing series.

Have nothing bad to say.
DeathProof
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:28 am  Reply with quote

Hey. Big Supernatural fan here, and I have to say that I have no problem with the fact that it's coming back for a sixth season. Especially because all the behind-the-scenes talent is still going to be there. Kripke isn't leaving, he's stepping down as showrunner and turning it over to Sera Gamble who, in my opinion, is actually the best writer on the show (she wrote Heart, among many other greats). But according to everyone there, Kripke will still be a very hands-on producer. And he's also working heavily on the Ghostfacers web spinoff.

A quote from Sera Gamble: "It's never really been about God, Angels, demons or monsters. It's a show about Sam and Dean." According to her, they've been planning the following season all year long.

I agree, and I think that a sixth season focusing on their reunion should be excellent stuff. Can't wait to see what the Supernatural crew has in store for us. They haven't let us down yet.

And Kripke himself did leave us on a pseudo-cliffhanger, with Sam already back and giving Dean an ominous look.
The Buz
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:31 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

So after seeing the Lost finale, I have to say that Supernatural really did a better job bringing the show together for a thought provoking, not everything is wrapped up, but you still get closure finale. Even though there is a season 6 coming, to me the end of season 5 was the end of the show.

I look forward to 6, but if only for fun fan fiction or like a comic book spin off.

All in all, Supernatural turned out to be one of the best shows I've ever had the pleasure of watching, and it's taken Buffy and Angel's spot on my list of best shows ever created. Definitely brilliant stuff.
Terminal
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:33 pm  Reply with quote

The Buz wrote:
So after seeing the Lost finale, I have to say that Supernatural really did a better job bringing the show together for a thought provoking, not everything is wrapped up, but you still get closure finale. Even though there is a season 6 coming, to me the end of season 5 was the end of the show.

I look forward to 6, but if only for fun fan fiction or like a comic book spin off.

All in all, Supernatural turned out to be one of the best shows I've ever had the pleasure of watching, and it's taken Buffy and Angel's spot on my list of best shows ever created. Definitely brilliant stuff.

Agreed Buz. 100 percent.

They kept in mind obscure continuity, brought together old characters, and really stretched the characters of Dean and Sam to their limits.

Dean interrupting the battle between Michael and Lucifer with his Def Leppard blaring in his impalla still gives me goosebumps.

I only see season six and so on as an epilogue to a show that ended after Sam sent himself to hell holding Lucifer in his body.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Buz
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:39 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Terminal wrote:
The Buz wrote:

Agreed Buz. 100 percent.

They kept in mind obscure continuity, brought together old characters, and really stretched the characters of Dean and Sam to their limits.

Dean interrupting the battle between Michael and Lucifer with his Def Leppard blaring in his impalla still gives me goosebumps.

I only see season six and so on as an epilogue to a show that ended after Sam sent himself to hell holding Lucifer in his body.

Yeah it kind of cheapens the ultimate sacrifice that Sam gave in order to save the world and his brother.

It really was an absolutely beautiful ending. And for a monster of the week show about two pretty boys on the CW, it was one of the single best shows I've seen in a long long time.

Cannot say enough great things about it.
Terminal
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:43 pm  Reply with quote

The Buz wrote:
Terminal wrote:
The Buz wrote:

Agreed Buz. 100 percent.

Yeah it kind of cheapens the ultimate sacrifice that Sam gave in order to save the world and his brother.

It really was an absolutely beautiful ending. And for a monster of the week show about two pretty boys on the CW, it was one of the single best shows I've seen in a long long time.

And the shit is: this is what it was all leading to from episode one.

Deep down everyone knew Sam would have to sacrifice himself for the good of the world.

And now it's been undermined by a station who will not let this show end.

They'll want a book series, and a comic series, so of course the show will end on a question mark or an open finale.

The final episode of season five was the finale for me.

I can't say enough good about this series either. I goddamn love it. Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki really cut through my initial reaction to the show and gave this series their all.

This show is better than Buffy and Angel, in my eyes. And that's speaking as someone who didn't enjoy either series very much, so do with that what you want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Buz
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:57 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Terminal wrote:
The Buz wrote:
Terminal wrote:
The Buz wrote:

Agreed Buz. 100 percent.

And the shit is: this is what it was all leading to from episode one.

Deep down everyone knew Sam would have to sacrifice himself for the good of the world.

And now it's been undermined by a station who will not let this show end.

They'll want a book series, and a comic series, so of course the show will end on a question mark or an open finale.

The final episode of season five was the finale for me.

I can't say enough good about this series either. I goddamn love it. Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki really cut through my initial reaction to the show and gave this series their all.

This show is better than Buffy and Angel, in my eyes. And that's speaking as someone who didn't enjoy either series very much, so do with that what you want.

Well as someone who loves Buffy and Angel quite a bit, it's saying something that I think Supernatural is better.

I even think it's better than Lost. Well at least the later seasons of lost.