FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Scott Pilgrim vs The World
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:15 pm  Reply with quote

I think there was an older thread on this, but I can't find it. Maybe I'm just blind. Whatever.

Newest trailer....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wd5KEaOtm4

Also, read the books recently. I really liked them, but I gotta say, after having read them... Michael Cera is SO miscast.
Terminal
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:02 am  Reply with quote

Nope, I think Cera is perfect for the role. And I can't wait to see what comes up soon. I can't wait to see this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:06 am  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
Nope, I think Cera is perfect for the role. And I can't wait to see what comes up soon. I can't wait to see this.

idk... he's just... different in the books. More of a jerk, I guess. Hard to really put my finger on it, but something about Cera bugs me.

Either way, I'm really excited for this movie.
Terminal
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:07 am  Reply with quote

nonserviam03 wrote:
Terminal wrote:

idk... he's just... different in the books. More of a jerk, I guess. Hard to really put my finger on it, but something about Cera bugs me.

I think Cera is great. Sure he can be one note, but I love him in everything he's in so far. Even that shit Year One.

Edgar Wright + Mary Elisabeth Winstead + Michael Cera + a slew of young talented actors = Potential cult masterpiece.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:10 am  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
nonserviam03 wrote:
Terminal wrote:

I think Cera is great. Sure he can be one note, but I love him in everything he's in so far. Even that shit Year One.

Edgar Wright + Mary Elisabeth Winstead + Michael Cera + a slew of young talented actors = Potential cult masterpiece.

I think it'll be fun. I'm interested to see if it gets as heavy as the books do, or if it just kinda stays with the more action and comedy stuff (kinda like what Kick-Ass did). Also interested in seeing what they cut out, because there's waaay too much material to cover it all.
Terminal
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:18 am  Reply with quote

nonserviam03 wrote:
Terminal wrote:
nonserviam03 wrote:
Terminal wrote:

I think it'll be fun. I'm interested to see if it gets as heavy as the books do, or if it just kinda stays with the more action and comedy stuff (kinda like what Kick-Ass did). Also interested in seeing what they cut out, because there's waaay too much material to cover it all.

I expect it to be truncated heavily, for sure.
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:04 pm  Reply with quote

I was thinking Cera was miscast as well, at first. Now, having seen the trailers and clips, I think he's gonna be great. He may not have the, kind of, vapid rockstar dick coolguy look and feel of Scott from the comics, but he's got a, sort of, indy rock dorkiness that replaces it, while nailing his dim-witted charm and naivete.

I am so excited for this movie.
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:14 am  Reply with quote

caught a midnight showing of this on Thursday. I had a few minor issues, namely that I didn't feel like the relationship between Scott and Ramona was really all that developed or believable, and that Ramona herself came off incredibly flat and didn't really do all that much in the movie.

Those two things being said, I still FUCKING LOVED the movie. From the time it gets going until the end of the movie the action never stops. Any other director probably would have taken this script and done something mediocre, but Edgar Wright manages to pull it off. Michael Cera was great as Scott (and I originally had my doubts), and the movie is fucking hilarious.

It's not as deep as the comic, and doesn't touch on a lot of the more thoughtful and emotional aspects of the story, but the movie is so much fun that it totally makes up for it.

I say, a solid 4/5
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:19 am  Reply with quote

I just can't bear to see a film starring Michael Cera. Superbad was bad enough. I dig Edgar Wright's work but.....I just hate that kid.
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:53 am  Reply with quote

LSD Zombie wrote:
I just can't bear to see a film starring Michael Cera. Superbad was bad enough. I dig Edgar Wright's work but.....I just hate that kid.

your loss
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:04 pm  Reply with quote

nonserviam03 wrote:
LSD Zombie wrote:

your loss
And a major loss at that. The movie is fucking amazing.
X-Count
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:35 am  Reply with quote

I just finally seen it last night. Genius!
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:09 am  Reply with quote

Well, after hearing how awesome and funny this was from friends of mine, I finally decided to rent it. It was supremely fucking entertaining! I couldn't have been more surprised. Keiran Culkin stole the fuckin' show from Cera though; I was laughing my ass off everytime he showed up. All of the Evil Ex's were perfectly cast too.

I didn't think I would be so wrong about this one......my bad Mr. Wright! I would have seen this several times in the theater!