FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> What's The Last Movie You Watched?
Emy
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:44 pm  Reply with quote

Oh, I said even, but I prob. should have written somethign like "in spite of Disney involvement". Kinda want to see it in Japanese.
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:54 pm  Reply with quote

Emy wrote:
Terminal wrote:
nonserviam03 wrote:
Terminal wrote:
nonserviam03 wrote:
Terminal wrote:
nonserviam03 wrote:
Terminal wrote:
nonserviam03 wrote:
Spirited Away

Masterpiece.

I don't think it's Miyazaki's best, but it's still pretty fucking good.

Miyazaki's best: My Neighbor Totoro

I prefer Castle in the Sky

VERY good but not my fav.

His movies are all so good that I think it really comes down to personal preference

That's a fact. It's like choosing one of your children. You love them all.

Love Miyazaki.

Even Ponyo was good.

I have Ponyo but I've heard good things.

Ever seen Porco Rosso? It's a great movie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:03 pm  Reply with quote

SRB1951 wrote:
Gerard Butler is unfathomably hot. He may be the most sexiest man on the planet. The sex scene in that movie between King and Queen is killer. OK, that's my review Laughing

I don't recall seeing your review or thoughts on the new Clash of the Titans. Seen it? If so, thoughts? I've yet to see it and don't normally care for remakes. I'm thinking of passing altogether.

I have to hear about all the washboard abs and carved pecs everytime I watch the movie but at least a woman will watch it and not complain.

I am not interested in Clash of the Titans at all. I may rent it but I love the original alot and the bar has been set high.
SRB1951
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:42 pm  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
SRB1951 wrote:
Gerard Butler is unfathomably hot. He may be the most sexiest man on the planet. The sex scene in that movie between King and Queen is killer. OK, that's my review Laughing

I don't recall seeing your review or thoughts on the new Clash of the Titans. Seen it? If so, thoughts? I've yet to see it and don't normally care for remakes. I'm thinking of passing altogether.

I have to hear about all the washboard abs and carved pecs everytime I watch the movie but at least a woman will watch it and not complain.

I am not interested in Clash of the Titans at all. I may rent it but I love the original alot and the bar has been set high.

I stand corrected(hubs read this thread). Gerry is the second sexiest man on the planet Laughing

I don't like 300 just because Gerry is in it. I genuinely liked the movie. I didn't know men liked complaining about it. I don't understand how some members(besides the journalists e.g.Uncle Creepy, Buz, etc.) want to dissect a movie to pieces. If you didn't like it move the fuck on. Maybe my priorities are different. I just don't have the time to go so in depth nor do I care to. Maybe some of you do and enjoy concentrating on the trivial things in life Laughing
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:56 pm  Reply with quote

SRB1951 wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:
SRB1951 wrote:

I stand corrected(hubs read this thread). Gerry is the second sexiest man on the planet Laughing

I don't like 300 just because Gerry is in it. I genuinely liked the movie. I didn't know men liked complaining about it. I don't understand how some members(besides the journalists e.g.Uncle Creepy, Buz, etc.) want to dissect a movie to pieces. If you didn't like it move the fuck on. Maybe my priorities are different. I just don't have the time to go so in depth nor do I care to. Maybe some of you do and enjoy concentrating on the trivial things in life Laughing

Sometimes it's nice to think about the trivial things in life to take a break from the important, stress inducing things.

I'm not complaining I just think it would be nice if they had a special feature on the actors work out regimen and how they all got to look the same so my gf would stop asking me everytime we watch it. She genuinely likes it too though even though I had to drag her kicking and screaming to the theatre. Laughing
SRB1951
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:30 pm  Reply with quote

Laughing

Lots of chicken, turkey, and tuna, no carbs, no sugar, low-to-fat, a mix of free-weights and nautilus. Oh, and the elliptical for an ass you could bounce quarters off of.

When I come to get you hubs will have you ship shape in no time.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:54 pm  Reply with quote

Uh oh. Your name isn't Maria Shriver is it?

I like beer too much to be a Spartan. I was once like you, obsessed with working out and at the health club 6 days a week pumping iron and then I got married.
SRB1951
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:36 am  Reply with quote

I like beer too much too. I only do 3-4 days a week at the gym a week and my weekends are usually gym-free as long as I get the third day in by Friday.

I just discovered that mowing a shit-ton of grass by hand gives you a complete body work-out. Even the fine hairs on my ass are sore.

Hubs dropped 20 pounds in 2 months just by giving up Mountain Dew. Cherish and embrace your male metabolism.
Emy
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:35 am  Reply with quote

SRB1951 wrote:

Hubs dropped 20 pounds in 2 months just by giving up Mountain Dew. Cherish and embrace your male metabolism.

Huh, don't tell me about this... My husband can drop pounds way easier then I can... lately, I've been sick quite often, so it has made exercising a bit harder... Can't breath, can't exercise properly...

But I am happy to have an elliptical machine at home, so I don't need to go to the gym.
SRB1951
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:23 pm  Reply with quote

I had a treadmill a couple years back. I used it every now and then but that was about it. We were always on the go, doing whatever. Much easier for me to hit the gym since I'm already out and about.. I find it more motivational as well. I know that I have to travel half an hour to get there so, I better make it worth my while.

I'm currently using a specific elliptical that also acts as a stair climber. It's so intense that I have to break up my normal routine and do it in 5-10 minute sessions.
Richard Bastard
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:21 pm  Reply with quote

I watched Wild at Heart last night

still great
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:06 pm  Reply with quote

The Stoning of Soraya M.

Mostly a woman's movie but a damn good one and the actual stoning was really fucking hardcore. Great fx.
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:31 am  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title

SRB1951 wrote:
Maybe some of you do and enjoy concentrating on the trivial things in life Laughing

I think you just nailed the reason pretty much all of us came here, in the first place.
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:06 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title

Five Easy Pieces - Great movie.
Richard Bastard
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:29 pm  Reply with quote

Dr Malachi Constant wrote:
Five Easy Pieces - Great movie.

agreed. don't you feel bad for his girlfriend at the end? what a douche!