The Buz
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:53 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Richard Bastard wrote:
fucking Lost

Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:41 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title

There were things I liked and things I disliked about that finale. For instance: who didn't tear up a little when Charlie and Claire were finally reunited, or Sun and Jin? Sure, it was a little schmaltzy, but giving us moments like those were a great way to end the series. Then, we find out when/where these reunions take place and, while still emotionally resonant, it takes a bit of the impact away.

I'm probably not the first to say this, but I already want to see a spin-off film or two centering on Hurley's years as island protector. Find some excuse for the remaining Losties to come back, and we could call it "RETURN TO LOST ISLAND!!!"
Sirand
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:37 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Overall, I was satisfied. It hit all the right emotional beats and I didn't need all those mysteries revealed.

However, what bugs me is how underused a lot of the characters were in the end. Why was Richard Alpert even on the show?
Richard Bastard
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:03 pm  Reply with quote

I thought it was awesome, myself
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:07 pm  Reply with quote

Richard Bastard wrote:
I thought it was awesome, myself
I agree!
David
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:45 pm  Reply with quote

That 2 1/2 hour episode was one hell of a wild ride: epic smoke monster knife fight, a race against time to leave an exploding island (hey, there's Frank!), and magic light cave spelunking. I loved it. Maybe part of my appreciation came from the fact that it was going to be the last episode ever, but I even rolled with the alternate timeline being purgatory world without a complaint. I was shocked by that scene with Christian and kind of happy Lost fooled me again.

I thought the emotional remembering scenes were very touching and an excellent way to say goodbye to the characters I've loved for the last several years. I was sad that Jack was going to die all alone in that bamboo field until Vincent showed up. A damn near perfect ending scene for the series, I'd say.
RingoJ
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:13 am  Reply with quote

I admit to getting a little emotional when Vincent showed up so that Jack wouldn't die alone.
ajburton29
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:50 am  Reply with quote

Fucking Lame.

Do you think Vincent ate Jack after he died?

And where the fuck was Mr. Eko?
Richard Bastard
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:16 pm  Reply with quote

wishing he hadn't asked for five times the normal amount of money to appear in the episode
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:03 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title

What a maroon.
EvilRex
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:46 pm  Reply with quote

While the finale was definitely not what I was expecting and in some ways not what I was wanting, I do find it appropriately fits as an ending to this story.

I've never been one obsessed with "answers". And, frankly, I find people who constantly complain and criticize about how the show has no answers are very annoying and have decided to allow themselves to be too distracted to enjoy the experience.

Sure, there were some dangling threads out there like the mystery of Walt and his importance to the Others. And I would have liked more depth into the Widmore/Linus rivalry and history and other aspects of the Others and the Temple and their role in things. But, I do appreciate that the series came around and reminded us that this is a story about character. The mysteries and twists are just toppings on a sundae, the characters and their experiences and relationships are what matter.

So I reluctantly give bravo to the finale, but I still feel unsatisfied. But that's mainly with everything that has to do with the Sideways Universe. All the island action was awesome: the final showdown with Jack and Locke, the scene between Desmond, Locke Bernard and Rose, the final escape off the island, Hurley and Ben now the new protectors, and Jack's sacrifice. I loved all that. I thought that was good closure. And it leaves the universe open for imagination: more adventures for the survivors.

But I felt that the big reveal in the end, in the church, was anti-climactic for the whole alt. universe idea. Maybe going back and re-watching the earlier episodes in the season we can find clues as to how/why the characters "afterlife/purgatory" were shaped in the way they were.

What's still awesome about the show, though, is that even in it's end, we can discuss so much about it.
EvilRex
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:52 pm  Reply with quote

Alson, now with the end. I rate Season 6 as the lowest of the seasons. I felt the pacing was off and the flash-sideways did very little in accenting the tension in the main narrative like the flashes in the previous seasons.

My ranking:
Season 4: imho, the best. The flashforwards were crafted so well in balancing the mystery of what happened? with tension of what's happening?. Not to mention awesome character centric epsidodes from Ben, Sayid and Desmond.

The rest:
Season 1
Season 5
Season 2
Season 3
Season 6.
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:14 pm  Reply with quote

the real ending...
CryptWalker
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:35 pm  Reply with quote

What would have happened if the man in black left the island? What was the island? I feel like Season 6 was just one big Rick Roll.

"We have such sights to show you."
-Hellraiser