Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Robin Hood
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:56 am  Reply with quote

Dr Malachi Constant wrote:
And, for you, it's a defining trait.

Wow. Full circle.

Nope, because I don't care how you debate or with whom.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:05 am  Reply with quote

You can't post any random thought or opinion and expect there to be no dissenting opinions. It's the nature of discussion.

ANYWAY, I guess I've said all I need to say on the matter. So by all means continue talking about Robin Hood.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:28 am  Reply with quote

I want to see this again this weekend. The movie moved so fast I don't think I fidgeted once in my seat and my eyes were glued to the screen. Iron Man 2 seemed alot longer by comparison even though they're about the same length. My gf asked me to get refills of pop and popcorn at one point and I refused without even looking away. So she went but she understood. Most movies I couldn't get away with that but this is Sir Ridley fucking Scott.

I love the attention to detail in the sets, costumes and weaponry in these movies. It is mind boggling to me how the costumes and weapons work with epic movies like this with hundreds of extras. The orchestration of fitting the extras and having them dressed with the proper costume and going through make-up and then staying there until every single item is accounted for at the end of every day seems like a monumental task. Directing must be a piece of cake by comparison.

I love 300 as much as anybody but Robin Hood is old-school filmmaking at its best as far as movies in this day and age go. Sherlock Holmes looks pretty amazing for CGI but they didn't build an actual castle for that movie.
SRB1951
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:22 pm  Reply with quote

Quote:
I think it's absolutely ridiculous how offended people get by words on the internet. I couldn't give a rats as if someone doesn't like me because I argue...Fuck them. Who are these people in the grand scheme?

Debate, insult, punch your computer...In the end it makes no difference.

But you must care at least a little bit if what someone has posted makes you mad enough to want to argue or call someone names.

Really, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. It is what it is. It's just a shame is all when people want to be intentional assholes.

I spent the ENTIRE year(2009) being angry and bitter at some personal situations. Went out on New Year's, wound up in a fight, in jail, and on probation. That's not to mention the fucking medical bills I had to pay on the cunt who got this whole ball rolling.

Got out of jail and had to do mandatory anger management. Fucking hated it. I'd be angry walking in to an anger class. It wasn't until my youngest son asked me why I never smiled anymore that I decided to quit being angry. Life is so much better when one isn't walking around everyday wishing they could kill everybody.

A few years back I came across a general message board for women who own their own business. It was ran by a husband and wife team but was predominantly female. I tend to have a sarcastic attitude and the husband picked up on that. He started PMing me, telling me they were going to have a get-together and wanted my husband and me to attend. He asked for pics so he'd know who were were when we got there. We talked for months...he, his wife, and I. We all felt comfortable with one another and at one point divulged our real names.

The fucker ended up being a fucking psycho. He started asking for naked pics and got totally pissed when I told him to go fuck himself. Then he'd try and apologize and swore it was because I had led him on.
To make a long story short, he drove 1,900 miles and showed up at my door after paying for my personal info. left me dead roses in my mailbox, killed a cat and tossed it in the boys' sandbox. I still have a restraining order on his ass.

Point being, I tend to shy away from angry message boards. It just doesn't pay to be hateful.

Hey, you guys have been here for ages I see. It's your board. Do what you want with it.
SRB1951
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:26 pm  Reply with quote

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
You can't post any random thought or opinion and expect there to be no dissenting opinions. It's the nature of discussion.

ANYWAY, I guess I've said all I need to say on the matter. So by all means continue talking about Robin Hood.

I agree. It's all good, DSIC.
SRB1951
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:31 pm  Reply with quote

[quoteThat's a great post SRB and I for one find your perspective on things very interesting. I wish you would jump in more and start threads and pose questions and give your thoughts on things more often. I'm not really used to the argumentative nature of this board either to be honest. Although my first message board experience was IGN and holy shit was that bad. After that I was invited to a few small boards run by regular guys and there was never any arguments at all because everyone was so like-minded. This is a larger scale board though so I guess it's just inevitable and I admit I've become as argumentative as anybody. Bottom line I hope you become more involved and try to ignore the BS as much as possible and stick around.[/quote]

My bad. I should have just made one huge post instead of three.

That's very nice of you to say, Floyd. You seem like a nice guy despite the bickering. You both do.

I'm not going anywhere. I frequent another horror board too, but I generally like this one as well.