FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> James Cameron's Avatar (2009)
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:50 am  Reply with quote

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
nonserviam03 wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:
nonserviam03 wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:
Darth Maul is an awesome character but again he was hardly in the movie and went out with a whimper. I think Lucas could have used more Rebel fodder for the Empire to kill in the vein of the red shirts in Star Trek.

Correction: Darth Maul is an awesome LOOKING character.

True.

Same with Boba Fett. I never got why that character is so popular. He doesn't really do all that much.

The character was popular because he looked so bad-ass. Plus there was an air of mystery about him. Same with Maul. Plus, Maul takes part in the best light saber battle ever. Yeah, I'm a geek.

Exactly.

Boba is so popular because:
1. He hangs with the empire.
2. He's the best in the galaxy.
3. He argues back with Vader.
4. And he gets ahold of Solo, which no one else could do.

It's too bad he ended up being killed like a bitch.

As for Maul he's a warrior, and in my eyes Vader vs. Luke in Return of the Jedi is the best lightsaber battle because it meant something to the overall story.

The fight between Obi Wan, Qui Gonn and Maul was too choreographed and stale to really soak in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:51 am  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
Richard Bastard wrote:
oh, I was just kidding around...

I thought it was an enjoyable little time waster, on par with Return of the Jedi as far as a kiddie movie goes

Don't compare it to Return of the Jedi.

I'll take the fucking Ewoks beating the empire with rocks and sticks over that damn annoying racial stereotype Jar Jar any day of the week.

They're equally offensive, but I never found Jar Jar to be a racial stereotype. I think that's a bunch of bullshit that people projected onto the character. He's a terrible character and completely unfunny which is why I found him offensive. And the Ewoks were just lame.

The Ewoks were lame. They weren't outright annoying, obnoxious and didn't induce homicidal rage in me like Jar Jar did. There's never been a more useless character in the whole series before.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:05 am  Reply with quote

Double post

Last edited by Didn't See It Coming on Thu May 06, 2010 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:05 am  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:

The Ewoks were lame. They weren't outright annoying, obnoxious and didn't induce homicidal rage in me like Jar Jar did. There's never been a more useless character in the whole series before.
Actually, Lucas made sure that this wasn't the case. He made Jar Jar responsible for the activation of the Clone Army....So I'd say he was pretty important in the history of Star Wars.
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:43 am  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:

Actually, Lucas made sure that this wasn't the case. He made Jar Jar responsible for the activation of the Clone Army....So I'd say he was pretty important in the history of Star Wars.

Good point. But the very fact he made that piece of shit so pivotal is beyond annoying.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:11 am  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
Terminal wrote:

Good point. But the very fact he made that piece of shit so pivotal is beyond annoying.

OK, at this point you are coming across like he killed your puppy.
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:00 am  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
Terminal wrote:

OK, at this point you are coming across like he killed your puppy.

No but he did eat him.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:29 pm  Reply with quote

The bounty hunters were the coolest looking characters in the movies by far but again completely useless.

I think Darth Vader actually kills more of his own high ranking guys than he does the Alliance.

Jabba the Hut was more of a threat.
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:31 pm  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
The bounty hunters were the coolest looking characters in the movies by far but again completely useless.

I think Darth Vader actually kills more of his own high ranking guys than he does the Alliance.

Hutt was a goon. A glorified goon. He got lucky.

Vader overall was a threat.
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:49 pm  Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDCjIjsZp_Y&feature=fvst
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:56 pm  Reply with quote

That is truly hysterical.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:58 pm  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:

Jabba had a Rankor beast.
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:02 pm  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
Terminal wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:

And he was strangled to death by a skinny white chick in a bikini.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:09 pm  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:
Terminal wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:

One of the most brutal kills in all the movies.
Karloff
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:13 am  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:
Terminal wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:

In a tribute to The Godfather.