FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Rule of Rose
mdamien13
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:37 pm  Reply with quote

I just finished this game through sheer determination since I did fork out some hard-earned cash for the game itself. All I can say is what a friggin' disappointment!!! They took a great premise (teenage girl fights for survival in a creepy orphanage run by a council of malevolent adolescents) and ruined it with some of the worst gameplay I have ever seen. I had heard that the game's atmosphere and story made up for the horrible gameplay but I disagree, because the ending was so rushed that I still don't know what the hell happened!

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone except for survival horror completists. The graphics are pretty good, there are some creepy moments, and for some reason I really liked the music score, but overall this game feels rushed and incomplete.

Anyone else play this one? Have an idea on what it was about?
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:54 am  Reply with quote

Every review I read for this game was dismal so I avoided it...Sorry about your luck.
alien_nation
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:00 am  Reply with quote

i almost bought it. it looked like a lost gem,like system shock 2 and silent hill 1.
Murder
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:47 am  Reply with quote

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
Every review I read for this game was dismal so I avoided it...Sorry about your luck.

Same here. I was intrigued when I first saw the ads in Game Informer. Then I read the reviews and saw X-PLAY's review on G4. It looked pretty lame, so I passed.
mdamien13
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:34 pm  Reply with quote

Didn't See It Coming wrote:

The only review I had read was in Fangoria, and they gave it their "game of the month" and a very good rating. It was only after I had the game and thought it was too slow that I went online and saw the other negative reviews.

Then again, the last time I blind bought something off a Fangoria review it was Shatter Dead on DVD and I regretted that one all to high hell so I guess I should have learned my lesson.
alien_nation
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:36 pm  Reply with quote

mdamien fangoria are for splatter fanatics that like bad acting and everything,but if it's gorey ooh best shit ever. i thought they gave it bad reviews for the lolicon content, usually turns people off, and makes the review bad.
krawlingkhaos
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:23 pm  Reply with quote

I have no idea if anyone will see this but...

I'm late to the party, and am only playing this now. (slightly spoilery stuff below)

I've gotten past the burial cut scene, when the main girl wakes up and finds herself tied to a pole (very early in the game, like 3rd chapter or something). It runs the cut scene, then the PS2 locks up. Has anyone else had this problem?
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:04 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

It's buggy, I remember that. Don't remember that particular lock-up, but I put it down both because it was boring me and because I got sick of bugs in the US port.