Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Lost season six
The Buz
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:26 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

David wrote:
The Buz wrote:
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!SHARK ALARM!!!

Was anyone else on the edge of their seats waiting for something terrible to happen to Libby at any second. I was like "A METEORITE IS GOING TO CRUSH HER! "

I will admit that they got me again with a character exploding in the middle of a dialog rant. Illana, we hardly knew you. I was hoping we'd get a little back story info on how she ended up in those bandages and in the employ of Jacob, but I'm okay with her exiting stage left, right and up. I suppose they better concentrate on the interesting characters for the few episodes we have left.

That means no more Kate episodes.
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:49 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title

Thank god.

Judging from the ads for next week's episode, I wouldn't be surprised if Claire were to just go ahead and kill Kate, despite what MIB said. That said, I doubt they'll 'pull the trigger' so soon. I'd wager we've got another episode or two left before they'll start offing any and everybody still left on that island.
The Buz
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:57 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

i pray Claire stabs Kate.

Just please, kill her off.
David
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:56 pm  Reply with quote

The Buz wrote:

That's horrible, Buz. Think of little Aaron! Besides that, Kate's the only good looking woman left on the show. (Unless Claire comes around to the idea of putting a comb through her hair) If Kate buys the farm they might as well call the series finale "Cock Island." Wait, I guess we still have Sun...I guess I'm okay with the idea of Kate only able to communicate with Hurley and Miles for the rest of the series.
The Buz
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:32 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

David wrote:
The Buz wrote:

That's horrible, Buz. Think of little Aaron! Besides that, Kate's the only good looking woman left on the show. (Unless Claire comes around to the idea of putting a comb through her hair) If Kate buys the farm they might as well call the series finale "Cock Island." Wait, I guess we still have Sun...I guess I'm okay with the idea of Kate only able to communicate with Hurley and Miles for the rest of the series.

LOST in COCK ISLAND:

The Series!
EvilRex
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:41 am  Reply with quote

I liked the little "wink-wink" throw away about how Ilana fulfilled her purpose on the island and it was done with her. It was like saying, she served her purpose for the show, explained the Candidate thing to the audience and then the writers were done with her. See ya. She was getting annoying anyway, almost like a Russian Ana Lucia.

The Locke v. Desmond dynamic is great-- in both timelines. I can't wait to learn why Locke is so threatened by Desmond (not to mention the story of the reappearing antagonising boy in woods). And then to learn the real story behind the old man in the wheelchair rundown.
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:44 am  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title

I can't believe they're making us wait an extra fucking week for no reason, at all. What is that?
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:40 am  Reply with quote

Yet another great episode. Can't wait to see how it all ends. I wonder if my theory is correct.
EvilRex
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:59 pm  Reply with quote

I'm gonna go out on the limb and say that Terry O'Quin really deserves some recognition this year for his roles as Sideways Locke, MIB Locke and (hopefully) old-school Island Locke. I really do get a kick out his presence as MIB Locke in each episode. His scenes with Jack were great and his interaction with Sayid gave a sense that despite his great power, this "individual" may not have a grasp or handle on everything as he so confidently appears to.

Leading to: I find it very unlikely that Sayid followed through with his orders. For obvious reasons, Desmond is too "important" to the mythology to go out like that; but, out of all the characters, Sayid best represents the idea of redemption. With his latest turn this season, he has fallen farthest from grace and his final arc will likely be the most representing of seeking redemption through the ultimate sacrifice.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:11 pm  Reply with quote

I can't believe no one has discussed the latest episode?

4 deaths...Though only 2 had any real resonance, but I saw it coming after their scene in the cage.

Shit is hitting the fan.
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:42 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title

Yeah, but we all knew those deaths were coming, and the sideways universe kind of takes alot of the sting out. There's no finality. Still, good episode.

Anyone else take note that this was the second sub Locke's gone and scuttled with explosives? I wonder if there's anything to that, or if the writers are just running out of ideas.
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:44 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title

The other day I was reading this essay by Carl Jung on the differences between Eastern and Western thought, and I think I stumbled upon a Lost in-joke in the process. The name of the flight the Oceanic 6 returned in was Ajira, right? According to Jung, " the Australian word 'aljira' means 'dream' as well as 'ghostland' and the 'time' in which the ancestors lived and still live. It is, as they say, 'the time when there was no time' ..." That shit describes the island perfectly. Fits right in with all of that 'walkabout' business, too.
EvilRex
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 4:30 pm  Reply with quote

Last week's "Anakin" reference from Hurley gave me the hint that Sayid was going out with a "redemption" death, so I knew that was coming. Wasn't expecting the Kwans to go out, though. Great scenes for both demises.

I'm now looking forward to Jack's (as the new Jacob) final showdown with the evil Locke. The look from Sun and Jin as he had to leave them is motivation enough and Sayid provided him the secret weapon which is Desmond. It's going to be great.
Richard Bastard
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:49 pm  Reply with quote

I'm really looking forward to the final wrap up of Lost... it's been a long, exciting run... best television show I've ever seen. It was sad to see Sun and Jinn die, especially after they spent so long apart...
EvilRex
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:03 pm  Reply with quote

There's some debate on whether the "ghosts" that Hurley talks to are actually the spirits of people associated with the island or if it is the MIB playing tricks on him. Could it be both?

Tying this in, I'm looking at the idea that based on the "rules" the island or the MIB can not kill the Canidates, so has there been moments in past episodes where the Monster has manipulated the situation in an attempt to have the canidates killed.

One episode that comes to mind is the Season 2 Hurley episode, "Dave", in which Hurley's imaginary "friend" tries to convince Hurley that the island was all in his head and he should just throw himself off a cliff to bring himself back to reality. We have yet to get confiramtion, but I'd wager that the MIB was actually Dave and was trying to trick Hurley into suicide to get rid of one of the canidates.

Any one else have any examples?

Also, does anyone recall is Ecko's name was in the cave with everyone elses. Likely, crossed out. I wonder because, the Monster killed Ecko and I wonder if Ecko was ever a candiate and if so, if his name was crossed out, why? And does Smokey stand by, waiting for a name to get crossed out so he can move in for the kill, or to do whatever else he wishes to (like manipulate Claire or Ben).