Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Dread Central Cinema -> April, 9, 2010: The Gate
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:38 am  Reply with quote

I enjoy how no one is really phased by the whole levitation thing
RustyMuffler
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:40 am  Reply with quote

Did you know? (or Care?):

Christa Denton won the 1988 Young Artist Award for Best Young Actress In A Horror Motion Picture. Stephen Dorff was nominated for Best Young Actor In A Horror Motion Picture, but sadly lost the honor to Corey Feldman's turn as Edgar Frog in The Lost Boys.
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:41 am  Reply with quote

RustyMuffler wrote:

Christa Denton won the 1988 Young Artist Award for Best Young Actress In A Horror Motion Picture. Stephen Dorff was nominated for Best Young Actor In A Horror Motion Picture, but sadly lost the honor to Corey Feldman's turn as Edgar Frog in The Lost Boys.
Those are real awards?
RustyMuffler
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:42 am  Reply with quote

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
RustyMuffler wrote:

Those are real awards?

Yes. The third nominee and other loser that night in the category of Best Young Actor In A Horror Motion Picture was Deadly Friend's Michael Sharrett.
RustyMuffler
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:47 am  Reply with quote

The following year, the category for Horror performances was combined with Mystery and it became a unisex award given to either an actor or actress instead of having two separate categories. In 1990, the sub-category for Horror/Mystery performance was removed all together.
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:47 am  Reply with quote

RustyMuffler wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
RustyMuffler wrote:

Those are real awards?

Yes. The third nominee and other loser that night in the category of Best Young Actor In A Horror Motion Picture was Deadly Friend's Michael Sharrett.
I do my best to forget that movie exists. It's like Craven watched Small Wonder and thought, "This should be a horror film."
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:48 am  Reply with quote

This Terry kid is just a problem waiting to happen.
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:49 am  Reply with quote

I'm sorry but when one of my pets die I'm a fucking mess, I would not be going out to scope out guys.
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:51 am  Reply with quote

As long as no one throws a sacrifice into that smoking bunghole in the back yard, everything should be ok.
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:52 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
I'm sorry but when one of my pets die I'm a fucking mess, I would not be going out to scope out guys.
Animals didn't have souls in the '80s. They were largely disposable.
RustyMuffler
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:52 am  Reply with quote

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
RustyMuffler wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
RustyMuffler wrote:

Those are real awards?

I do my best to forget that movie exists. It's like Craven watched Small Wonder and thought, "This should be a horror film."

Blasphemer!!!! I loves me some B.B and Kristy Swanson! How can you not love Buffy plowing the shit out of Mama Fratelli's head with a basketball? You seriously don't like it?
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:54 am  Reply with quote

RustyMuffler wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
RustyMuffler wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
RustyMuffler wrote:

Those are real awards?

Blasphemer!!!! I loves me some B.B and Kristy Swanson! How can you not love Buffy plowing the shit out of Mama Fratelli's head with a basketball? You seriously don't like it?
I would probably dig it for camp value now, but I haven't watched it in well over a decade and back then, I just couldn't get over how silly it was.
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:54 am  Reply with quote

RustyMuffler wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
RustyMuffler wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
RustyMuffler wrote:

Those are real awards?

Craven admits that his state of mind wasn't the best when he made that movie (going through a divorce after finding out his wife had cheated I believe), and he made the thing in a fog basically.
RustyMuffler
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:55 am  Reply with quote

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Animals didn't have souls in the '80s. They were largely disposable.

Luckily Noot is in the other room playing video games or I would have a shank in my neck for that. O_O
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:59 am  Reply with quote

I have a rocket like that, only it's one of the ships from The Phantom Menace. I've never launched it, just in case I accidentally summon demons and need it.