FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Best-cellars -> COMICS TALK- The Walking Dead
Terminal
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:25 am  Reply with quote

I honestly can't tell you without spoiling everything so I'm going to have to avoid that question, no disrespect intended.

And yeah, I love Glenn. Ever since his introduction by leaping buildings to avoid the zombies and going in to the city covered in zombie goo to collect guns, I've been a huge fan of his.

And his relationship with Maggie is fascinating.

One of the moments that I loved was Andrea's admission to Dale that she only got together with him out of pity and security and gained a love for him. Their relationship was really good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Buz
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:21 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Ah jesus. Now i'm all nervous. I can't tell if he's a Dr. Logan or a Captain Rhodes.

And completely agree about Maggie and Glenn. He kind of reminds me of a grown up short round, if that makes any sense.

And Andrea and Dale's relationship was totally earned. Really dug that. That's what makes all these characters so great is that they are completely believable in their actions and relationships with each other.

And I love Abraham and Ricks dynamic. When he got upset that he might have pissed Rick off again I thought that was such a great little character moment. He has a lot of respect for the guy.
plastic_society
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:58 pm  Reply with quote

Some of my co-workers and I are huge Walking Dead fans. It's usually a big event when the next trade hits. So when 11 came out, one of us picked it up and we all read it on the same shift. When each came to that one part with Dale and Cannibals, we'd shout, "TAINTED MEAT!"

Overall, I really liked number 11. In the first few pages it was already incredibly bleak and it never let up.
The Buz
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:34 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Yeah I loved Dale just laughing at them. That was awesome.
Terminal
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:53 pm  Reply with quote

The Buz wrote:
Ah jesus. Now i'm all nervous. I can't tell if he's a Dr. Logan or a Captain Rhodes.

You'll have to wait and see. Hehehe.

The Buz wrote:
And completely agree about Maggie and Glenn. He kind of reminds me of a grown up short round, if that makes any sense.

Makes sense to me. I think he's a great character and thankfully Kirkman hasn't sought fit to eliminate him yet. I hope he goes a long time from now.

The Buz wrote:
And Andrea and Dale's relationship was totally earned. Really dug that. That's what makes all these characters so great is that they are completely believable in their actions and relationships with each other.

Yeah, I agree. Kirkman rarely missteps in his story. He makes every character motivation seem logical.

Cool as Ice, Watch/work on articleAnd I love Abraham and Ricks dynamic. When he got upset that he might have pissed Rick off again I thought that was such a great little character moment. He has a lot of respect for the guy.[/quote]

Yeah, it's tough not to respect Rick. Even when Tyreese and Rick duked it out in the prison it was still about mutual respect between one another.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Buz
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:41 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I'm reading the Darabont teleplay right now and it's excellent. Follows the comic almost EXACTLY, with a few extra character stuff.
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:35 am  Reply with quote

During that hunters story, when they found Dale outside, Rick looked out at the trees and he just had this expression on his face... I got all giddy instantly. It was the equivalent of Wolverine, in that classic Dark Phoenix issue, pulling himself up out of the sewers under the Hellfire Club and saying, "Okay, suckers, you've taken your best shot! Now it's my turn," but it has even more power and with just one panel and no dialog. Gotta give Adlard major credit for that.

Carl is definitely my favorite character in that book. The things that kid goes through, the stuff he does and the things he says, man, he breaks my heart. He's one badass little kid, but it hurts to see what it's doing to him.

Great series.
Terminal
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:37 am  Reply with quote

I love how Carl constantly walks the line between psycho and hero.
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:00 am  Reply with quote

I think my favorite Carl moment was back in the prison, when he said his new born baby sister was lucky because she won't know what the world was like before, so she won't have to be afraid every night. That killed me. I may've shed a tear.
Terminal
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:03 am  Reply with quote

And you had to kind of both respect and be a bit disturbed at Carl's apathy at his baby sister and mother being obliterated in a hail of gun fire.
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:20 am  Reply with quote

Absolutely.

You know, I don't think Kirkman ever alluded to it, but I wonder if Carl kind of blamed his mom for the events that lead to him killing Shane and if Carl was savvy enough to have known or suspected that his sister wasn't Rick's baby. You can see by the way Carl reacts to Rick leaving him with the others or how he behaved when he thought his dad was dying after the prison fiasco that he wouldn't be anywhere near as...nonchalant? ...about it, if Rick died.
Terminal
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:23 am  Reply with quote

Kids are a lot smarter than we think and Carl is not your average bear. The kids sees more than even Rick knows. I think he knew all along that his sister wasn't even really his blood sister when all was said and done.
The Buz
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:44 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Carl is one tough little hombre, and like Rick (even more so in some cases) he makes decisions that no one else would even dare think about.

And there's no doubt Carl slightly resented his mother and little sister. Just slightly. Not enough to really get angry about, but enough to not care.
Sexy Mcmanbeast
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:41 pm  Reply with quote

I have yet to read any of these, but now it begs the question.
Should I just wait for the Darabont thing to come out, and then read them so I'm not dissapointed?
Or should I read them first before the Darabont version comes on telly?
I always have this problem with books or comics I find out are going to be adapted into visuality.
Should I read the source material, and then run the risk of being dissapointed by the flick or show?
Or should I wait, and then will be less influenced by the source material?
Decisions, decisions.
Terminal
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:46 pm  Reply with quote

Sexy Mcmanbeast wrote:
I have yet to read any of these, but now it begs the question.
Should I just wait for the Darabont thing to come out, and then read them so I'm not dissapointed?
Or should I read them first before the Darabont version comes on telly?
I always have this problem with books or comics I find out are going to be adapted into visuality.
Should I read the source material, and then run the risk of being dissapointed by the flick or show?
Or should I wait, and then will be less influenced by the source material?
Decisions, decisions.

It's all up to you.

I make it a point of reading the source material before it's made in to a movie.

I did it for Wanted, Kick Ass, and Spawn.

With the Walking Dead, I was reading it before it ever became a television show, so I'm set.

It's all on you, honestly.