Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Lost season six
The Buz
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:35 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Holy fuck.
EvilRex
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:58 pm  Reply with quote

I'm still getting over the dissapointment from hoping that Richard's episode would span across the entire mythology and see the "behind the scenes" of key events we have come to know, like his relationships and roles he played in every different era or phase of island control.
I was hoping to see how Richard served JAcob in his relationships and cooperation with Widmore and Faraday's mum and the hostiles and Ben and the Temple and the Others.

So, maybe there's another episode out there.

But as far as the origin story we were given, it was a good one even though it was very slow to develop, and obviously it was more about developing the conflict between JAcob and his unnamed Adversary (which I think is a better name than Man in Black or Smokey or Smlocke).

I'm curious about the parallel naratives behind the Daggers and the Rules (supposedly) on how to kill the Adversary in Sundown and how to kill Jacob in this epsiode. It's got to be more than just a coincidence that Dogen gave Sayid the very same instructions (albeit a different dagger) that the Adversary gave Richard over a century prior.

Also, with the search on for a new "canidate" to take care of the island, is there also a search for those to serve the canidate. Is there to be a new "Richard" or a new "Temple Guardian"?
The Buz
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:35 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

EvilRex wrote:

Also, with the search on for a new "canidate" to take care of the island, is there also a search for those to serve the canidate. Is there to be a new "Richard" or a new "Temple Guardian"?

Jack as the new Jacob, and Hurley as the new Richard. I think that would be a beautiful end for those characters.
The Buz
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:22 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Oh man, tonight is a Desmond episode!

Out of every character on the show, Desmond has yet to fail on his episodes. Every single one centered around him is fantastic.
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:09 am  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title

I've always loved the Hurley episodes, too. The comedy's a nice change of pace from all the usual seriousness.

Anyway - great episode, tonight. Just one hell of an hour of TV. Even better than Ab Aeterno.
The Buz
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:19 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Man, that was a really great episode.
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:18 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title

Desmond motherfuckin' Hume: Time Travellin' Jesus
The Buz
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:42 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Glad I wasn't proven wrong on there never being bad Desmond episodes.
EvilRex
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:22 am  Reply with quote

Desmond epsiodes are awesome because they always tie in hard science fiction and classical romance. The writers use his episodes as vehicles to further develop the mythology, but they do so wonderfully through a character so rich with passion, tragedy and triumph.
The Buz
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I also feel that Penny's and Demond's relationship is the only truly earned relationship on the show. Kate/Jack/Sawyer shit is always so pushed, and the charlie/claire stuff was cute but went no where.

Penny and Desmond though I have always cared about. You so badly want to see them together, and the performances are absolutely fantastic.
Richard Bastard
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:20 pm  Reply with quote

http://sagaciouspenguin.blogspot.com/2010/04/lost-comic-ben-tells-it-like-it-is_09.html
David
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:30 pm  Reply with quote

The Buz wrote:
I also feel that Penny's and Demond's relationship is the only truly earned relationship on the show. Kate/Jack/Sawyer shit is always so pushed, and the charlie/claire stuff was cute but went no where.

Penny and Desmond though I have always cared about. You so badly want to see them together, and the performances are absolutely fantastic.

Well, I think every relationship on Lost has worked except for the Kate/Jack/Sawyer triangle. Jin and Sun, James and Juliet and Bernard and Rose have all seemed natural to me.

I do agree that the Desmond and Penny stories work best, though. I'm not a sappy romantic by any means, but the Desmond and Penny musical cue and Penny's sweet smile turns me into a teary-eyed puddle of mush every time. I guess the Rose and Bernard relationship has done this to me as well, so maybe I'm just turning into a softy in my old age.
The Buz
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:42 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I agree on James and Juliet to a lesser extent, but I've been bored with Sun and Jin since Season 2. I just don't care about their characters anymore. They serve no purpose at this point.

Wouldn't be surprised if they end up being the adam and eve skeletons.
The Buz
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:35 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

That episode made me happy.

Hurley rocks.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!SHARK ALARM!!!

Was anyone else on the edge of their seats waiting for something terrible to happen to Libby at any second. I was like "A METEORITE IS GOING TO CRUSH HER! "
David
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:38 pm  Reply with quote

The Buz wrote:
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!SHARK ALARM!!!

Was anyone else on the edge of their seats waiting for something terrible to happen to Libby at any second. I was like "A METEORITE IS GOING TO CRUSH HER! "

It never even occurred to me that they would kill Libby again. The Lost writers would never be so cruel…Then a smirking Desmond ran over an old man in a wheelchair as he struggled up an incline. I was shocked and I laughed my ass off. Felt bad when they turned poor John over. So Desmond will help you find true love or just run you down with his Beemer if he's pressed for time? It seems like John gets a raw deal no matter which universe he's in.

I will admit that they got me again with a character exploding in the middle of a dialog rant. Illana, we hardly knew you. I was hoping we'd get a little back story info on how she ended up in those bandages and in the employ of Jacob, but I'm okay with her exiting stage left, right and up. I suppose they better concentrate on the interesting characters for the few episodes we have left.