UNCLE PECKERHEAD Virtual Screening + Director and Cast Q&A/Reunion on August 11th @ 6 PM (PST)

Dread’s next release Uncle Peckerhead arrives on VOD August 11th and, to celebrate, we’re teaming up with the Horrible Imaginings Film Festival for a virtual screening, followed by a Q&A/Reunion with the cast (David Littleton, Chet Siegel, Ruby McCollister, and Jeff Riddle) and writer/director (Matthew John Lawrence)! Check out the trailer and synopsis below.

Synopsis:
Judy, bassist of punk-rock band DUH, dreams of becoming a full-time musician. But in order to secure a van for the band’s first tour, she must strike an alliance with Peckerhead, a man-eating hillbilly with charm aplenty. Now, along with the ordinary struggles of the “gig life”, Judy must navigate the trail of half-eaten bodies DUH leaves in their wake.

Uncle Peckerhead is written and directed by Matthew John Lawrence; the film stars David Littleton, Chet Siegel, Ruby McCollister, and Jeff Riddle.

What:
Uncle Peckerhead Virtual Screening + Director and Cast Q&A/Reunion with Matthew John Lawrence, David Littleton, Chet Siegel, Ruby McCollister, and Jeff Riddle.

When:
Tuesday, August 11th at 6 PM (PST).

Where:
Purchase tickets to attend the screening for $12 HERE.
RSVP and see who else is attending at the event’s official Facebook page, HERE.

If you can’t afford the screening, you can view the Director and Cast Q&A/Reunion, kicking off around 7:30 PM (PST), on Dread Central’s Facebook Page, HERE.

Uncle Peckerhead celebrated its world premiere at Panic Fest in Kansas City earlier this year, where it was named among the “Best of Fest”. The film also received a Special Jury Award for Narrative Feature Film at the Calgary Underground Film Festival and Audience Choice Award at the Portland Horror Film Festival.

Uncle Peckerhead is the type of film we don’t come across often,” says Yulissa Morales, Epic Pictures and Dread’s Director of Distribution. “It’s even less often that we see a film with the word ‘Peckerhead’ in the title. Dread couldn’t be more excited to share such a film with you, it’s a really fun ride.”

The VOD release on August 11th will be followed by a Blu-ray release on August 25th. Pre-order your copy of Uncle Peckerhead now, HERE.

Director’s Statement:
Uncle Peckerhead touches on the two major loves of my life: Horror Movies & Punk Rock.

I’ve always wanted to make the type of film I fell in love with when perusing the aisles of my local video rental store during my childhood. Part live-action cartoon, part unrelenting gorefest; the type of film you come into school that Monday and exclaim to your friends, “Holy shit! You HAVE to see this movie!” I want nothing more for Uncle Peckerheadthan for it to become the sleepover film for sneaky pre-teens, the Friday-night-mall-movie for real teens, and the “beer and some pizza” flick for the rest of us.

Uncle Peckerhead is also an ode to the forgotten band. The media often romanticize the open road and life of touring musicians. From firsthand experience, I can tell you, your days often traffic between worried and bored. Daylight hours are spent driving, constantly eyeing the van’s gas gauge, and the nights are spent in Walmart parking lots, eating shoelaces and trying to fall asleep. Oh, and 25 minutes of your day are spent playing to seven kids in the back of a Denny’s.

But, odd as it may sound, there’s something fun and exciting about that premise. The idea that, with little means, you come together with ambitious and creative people to chart unknown waters and use art to communicate with strangers from all around the country (or world). The experience mirrors that of micro-budget filmmaking, an equally gruelling and rewarding process, and one with which Uncle Peckerhead is intimately acquainted.

Uncle Peckerhead is a years-in-the-making labor of love and we are ecstatic to finally share it with the world. It is our hope that you sing loud, laugh often, and scare easy while watching our film.

Facebook: facebook.com/UnclePeckerhead
Twitter: twitter.com/UnclePeckerhead
Instagram: instagram.com/UnclePeckerhead

Are you excited to check out Uncle Peckerhead? Will you be joining the writer/director and cast for a virtual screening and Q&A/Reunion on Tuesday, August 11th at 6 PM (PST)? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram! You can also carry on the convo with me personally on Twitter @josh_millican.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: