FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Lost season six
The Buz
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:22 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 3590
Location: Cow Palace.

Ben centric episodes have always been the best of the show.

My god, Tuesdays can't come soon enough.

And I agree with the above poster, it was nice to see Ben finally have redemption by his own choice, and not by force.

Every choice he made before this was to some how gain something that would help him or the island. This was the first time he made the decision for himself and not for some goal or prize. He just did it because it was the right thing to do.

Fucking love Ben. Easily one of the best characters on the show.
_________________
Insert that one line from that one movie from that one actor here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EvilRex
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:37 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1237
Location: ORLANDO

Kind of a mediocre episode compared to the last 2 weeks. Looking forward the upcoming Richard-centric one, though.

The Sawyer double-double-cross is no surprise. It's been his nature since the start to be the lone wolf.

I've never been a Kate-hater, but I sort of understood those who were. But, I really admire her character in regards to her role as "big sister" and protector of Claire. I think people get all tangled up in the so-called love triangle, that they miss out on what I think Kate's true purpose on the island is to be. She was there when Claire delivered Aaron, she's always been the one (sans Charlie) who was driven to always consider what was best for Claire and Aaron.

And it was even hinted at by Smokey to Kate about how important Kate is for the sake of Aaron and how that child may still fit into mythology.

Also, watching Sayid's descent into madness is depressing.

finally, some speculation, I think it's obvious but not yet revealed, but in all the previous seasons, the appearence of Christian Shepard was Smokey all along. I'm sure we have an episode upcoming that reveals this.
_________________
Open your textbooks to the chapter concerning your death.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:23 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 9513
Location: There... WOLF!!

Yeah, can't fucking wait for Ab Aeterno. The next 5 days are going to be a little bit excruciating.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Myer's Son
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:45 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 73

I agree with you EvilRex, the episode felt a little off, not sure how to explain or even give examples but it felt different.
However those feelings will soon pass, nxt week's episode looks to be the ONE, big revelations are coming!!!
_________________
I met him, fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no conscience, no understanding; even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, good or evil, right or wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EvilRex
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:45 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1237
Location: ORLANDO

Myer's Son wrote:
I agree with you EvilRex, the episode felt a little off, not sure how to explain or even give examples but it felt different.
However those feelings will soon pass, nxt week's episode looks to be the ONE, big revelations are coming!!!


Part of it for me is that all these little "ha, ha, look who it is" cameo's in the Alternate Universe are becoming a little trite. The more they force in these characters, the more it appears to me that this reality is completely invalid and eventually it will be revealed as a sham.

In the beginning of the season, I saw a lot of potential as it was tied into previous seasons' dives into time travel. How would the destruction of the island circa 1970's have an effect on the characters' lives? But to play that game, you have to be precise and careful and meticulous.

But what we've been seeing so far, is that that is not what the writers are doing with this Alt. Universe angle. Because it doesn't make any sense that Shannon wasn't on the plane with Boone, or that Ford became a cop, or JAck had a son, or Nadia was married to Sayid's brother, or Locke was still with Peggy Bundy because the island had been destroyed and this is the butterfly effect.

But here's the biggest plot hole: why weren't Ben and his father killed by an atomic explosion? Their leaving the island is even refrenced in an episode.

Now throw, in the little cookies like hey look it's Charlotte! or hey Miles is his partner! or that's Keamey, that fuck!

In the end it seems like this is some fantasy reality, but I have faith that a future episode will turn this narrative on it's head and give us another one of those classic Lost WTF moments.
_________________
Open your textbooks to the chapter concerning your death.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:08 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 9513
Location: There... WOLF!!

EvilRex wrote:
Myer's Son wrote:
I agree with you EvilRex, the episode felt a little off, not sure how to explain or even give examples but it felt different.
However those feelings will soon pass, nxt week's episode looks to be the ONE, big revelations are coming!!!


Part of it for me is that all these little "ha, ha, look who it is" cameo's in the Alternate Universe are becoming a little trite. The more they force in these characters, the more it appears to me that this reality is completely invalid and eventually it will be revealed as a sham.

In the beginning of the season, I saw a lot of potential as it was tied into previous seasons' dives into time travel. How would the destruction of the island circa 1970's have an effect on the characters' lives? But to play that game, you have to be precise and careful and meticulous.

But what we've been seeing so far, is that that is not what the writers are doing with this Alt. Universe angle. Because it doesn't make any sense that Shannon wasn't on the plane with Boone, or that Ford became a cop, or JAck had a son, or Nadia was married to Sayid's brother, or Locke was still with Peggy Bundy because the island had been destroyed and this is the butterfly effect.

But here's the biggest plot hole: why weren't Ben and his father killed by an atomic explosion? Their leaving the island is even refrenced in an episode.

Now throw, in the little cookies like hey look it's Charlotte! or hey Miles is his partner! or that's Keamey, that fuck!

In the end it seems like this is some fantasy reality, but I have faith that a future episode will turn this narrative on it's head and give us another one of those classic Lost WTF moments.


I'm more inclined to think, if this alt timeline isn/t what Smokey promised Sayid, in the jungle ("What if I told you you could have anything you want?") - then, it's more of a "Crisis on Two Earths" model - instead of all the differences hinging on one variable having been changed in 1977, this is a true parallel universe, where nearly every little event in a person's life has taken the opposite turn of the coin, so to speak.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:00 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 9301
Location: Rhode Island

These are their lives without Jacob's influence.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
David
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:05 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 164
Location: East of Peace River

BlackFlagg wrote:
These are their lives without Jacob's influence.


I've been going back and forth on this idea. If it is their lives without Jacob, everyone seems to be doing very well without him. I also think it may be showing us what happens after the end game of this season. If so, I'm happy to see that alternate timeline Locke is doing okay…At least until James shows up and offs his dad.

So what's in the locked room on the sub? Desmond? Aaron? I keep thinking they are going to have to bring that little tike back into the picture soon because Kate had that vision ("Whatever you do, Kate, don't bring him back") and all the stuff with the psychic telling Claire that she had to raise him. Perhaps the fact that mothers die before giving birth on the island and the Aaron story have something to do with keeping Smokey contained?

And another question: Aren't Widmore and Smoky on the same side? Widmore sent time traveling Locke on his path to get back to the island and into the clutches of the Smoke Monster, and in last week's episode Smoky was trying to send Ben right to Widmore on the little island. All in all this last episode was another in a long line of teases, but I'm still loving it. I'm kind of hoping that the series ends on an ambiguous, head-scratching moment that has people theorizing about it for years.
_________________
His friend demanding what scarlet was, the blind man answered: It was like the sound of a trumpet. - John Locke, Human Understanding
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EvilRex
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:40 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1237
Location: ORLANDO

David wrote:
BlackFlagg wrote:
These are their lives without Jacob's influence.


I've been going back and forth on this idea. If it is their lives without Jacob, everyone seems to be doing very well without him. I also think it may be showing us what happens after the end game of this season. If so, I'm happy to see that alternate timeline Locke is doing okay…At least until James shows up and offs his dad.

So what's in the locked room on the sub? Desmond? Aaron? I keep thinking they are going to have to bring that little tike back into the picture soon because Kate had that vision ("Whatever you do, Kate, don't bring him back") and all the stuff with the psychic telling Claire that she had to raise him. Perhaps the fact that mothers die before giving birth on the island and the Aaron story have something to do with keeping Smokey contained?

And another question: Aren't Widmore and Smoky on the same side? Widmore sent time traveling Locke on his path to get back to the island and into the clutches of the Smoke Monster, and in last week's episode Smoky was trying to send Ben right to Widmore on the little island. All in all this last episode was another in a long line of teases, but I'm still loving it. I'm kind of hoping that the series ends on an ambiguous, head-scratching moment that has people theorizing about it for years.


I'm getting the idea that Smokey's on nobody's side but his own.

Widmore's rivalry is with Ben. At one time, it was Widmore who was in charge (and likely JAcob's top man) until Ben got rid of him. It'll be interesting to find out if Jacob ever talked to Widmore. We know that he never talked to Ben, and guidance was delivered through Richard. So at one time, Smokey was his enemy as well.

Who knows what's on that sub. I'm hoping it's Walt, who now a few years older has some even more mega-psychic power that Widmore thinks can be his ultimate weapon against Smokey.
_________________
Open your textbooks to the chapter concerning your death.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
EvilRex
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:44 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1237
Location: ORLANDO

BlackFlagg wrote:
These are their lives without Jacob's influence.


Could be, but I'm still not sold on the idea that Jacob had any "influence" on them. Sure he touched them each, and for some it did coincide with severe events (Nadia's death, Locke's resurection, Hurley's return to the island), but for others they seem coincidental (James' pen, Kate's theft, the Kwans' wedding).

Also, the touch takes place in various diffent times pre/post crash. For Hurley and Sayid, the touch takes place after they leave the island, while the others it's before.

Maybe we'll learn more about the "touch" in future episodes.
_________________
Open your textbooks to the chapter concerning your death.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
EvilRex
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:46 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1237
Location: ORLANDO

Dr Malachi Constant wrote:
EvilRex wrote:
Myer's Son wrote:
I agree with you EvilRex, the episode felt a little off, not sure how to explain or even give examples but it felt different.
However those feelings will soon pass, nxt week's episode looks to be the ONE, big revelations are coming!!!


Part of it for me is that all these little "ha, ha, look who it is" cameo's in the Alternate Universe are becoming a little trite. The more they force in these characters, the more it appears to me that this reality is completely invalid and eventually it will be revealed as a sham.

In the beginning of the season, I saw a lot of potential as it was tied into previous seasons' dives into time travel. How would the destruction of the island circa 1970's have an effect on the characters' lives? But to play that game, you have to be precise and careful and meticulous.

But what we've been seeing so far, is that that is not what the writers are doing with this Alt. Universe angle. Because it doesn't make any sense that Shannon wasn't on the plane with Boone, or that Ford became a cop, or JAck had a son, or Nadia was married to Sayid's brother, or Locke was still with Peggy Bundy because the island had been destroyed and this is the butterfly effect.

But here's the biggest plot hole: why weren't Ben and his father killed by an atomic explosion? Their leaving the island is even refrenced in an episode.

Now throw, in the little cookies like hey look it's Charlotte! or hey Miles is his partner! or that's Keamey, that fuck!

In the end it seems like this is some fantasy reality, but I have faith that a future episode will turn this narrative on it's head and give us another one of those classic Lost WTF moments.


I'm more inclined to think, if this alt timeline isn/t what Smokey promised Sayid, in the jungle ("What if I told you you could have anything you want?") - then, it's more of a "Crisis on Two Earths" model - instead of all the differences hinging on one variable having been changed in 1977, this is a true parallel universe, where nearly every little event in a person's life has taken the opposite turn of the coin, so to speak.


Yeah, I think you're on to something, Doc.
_________________
Open your textbooks to the chapter concerning your death.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:37 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

I was going to suggest that it's what would happen if Jacob hadn't interacted with each of them, but that doesn't make a lick of sense when you think about Locke's episode. He's in the wheelchair, because his father pushed him from a window. Jacob touches him while's on the ground. In the episode it's suggested that John and his father have a relationship that isn't strained in the least. I don't think ANYONE is that forgiving.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
David
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:44 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 164
Location: East of Peace River

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
I was going to suggest that it's what would happen if Jacob hadn't interacted with each of them, but that doesn't make a lick of sense when you think about Locke's episode. He's in the wheelchair, because his father pushed him from a window. Jacob touches him while's on the ground. In the episode it's suggested that John and his father have a relationship that isn't strained in the least. I don't think ANYONE is that forgiving.


Good point. Not only that, but it appeared that Locke was dead after his fall until Jacob touched him. The LA X John Locke has a picture of his dad in his cubicle and his girlfriend mentioned inviting him to the wedding. In this new universe dear old dad didn't throw him out the window, but he was still a con man in the past. In the earlier episodes, John met Helen while he was in group therapy trying to get over his dad stealing his kidney, so we don't know how they met in this new time line. It is doubtful that this Cooper stole John's kidney either. Unless Jacob somehow interacted with Anthony Cooper in the past and that set things in motion, it's not looking good for the "life without Jacob" theory.
_________________
His friend demanding what scarlet was, the blind man answered: It was like the sound of a trumpet. - John Locke, Human Understanding
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:02 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 9513
Location: There... WOLF!!

You notice how everything in the alt timeline just seems to be a little too perfect? Maybe they managed to permanently 'cork' that metaphorical bottle of Jacob's tighter than it's ever been, before - allowing everybody's lives to go on, largely uncorrupted by true 'evil,' from that incident in 1977, on.

But, will it stay corked?

Great episode, by the way. Now, when the fuck are they bringing Desmond back? His episode and "Everybody Loves Hurley" are the ones I'm most looking forward to, next. I fucking love Hurley episodes. They're always fun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Myer's Son
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:30 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 73

Dr Malachi Constant wrote:
You notice how everything in the alt timeline just seems to be a little too perfect? Maybe they managed to permanently 'cork' that metaphorical bottle of Jacob's tighter than it's ever been, before - allowing everybody's lives to go on, largely uncorrupted by true 'evil,' from that incident in 1977, on.

But, will it stay corked?

Great episode, by the way. Now, when the fuck are they bringing Desmond back? His episode and "Everybody Loves Hurley" are the ones I'm most looking forward to, next. I fucking love Hurley episodes. They're always fun.


Best Episode I've seen of LOST. Since we see the Island underwater, does being underwater mean that Smokey did get out? Or like you said, it's been corked tighter than before???

I want more LOST dammit!! Weeping openly
_________________
I met him, fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no conscience, no understanding; even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, good or evil, right or wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 4 of 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> The Terror Tube

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum