Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Alice in Wonderland 3D
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:14 pm  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:
It's not even (sort of) a remake.

It's a remake, shut up. Rolling Eyes

No, you shut up. It's a sequel. Alice is grown, ditching her groom at the alter and going back down the rabbit hole.
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:17 pm  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
Terminal wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:

No, you shut up. It's a sequel. Alice is grown, ditching her groom at the alter and going back down the rabbit hole.

Then Tim Burton doesn't know how to title his movies, making him a fucking moron. It should be called "Return to Wonderland" or something like that. Either way, irrelevant. It's still Tim Burton tackling subject matter from a classic children's story with Johnny Depp in a top hat.
Terminal
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:19 pm  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
Terminal wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:

First, sorry I said shut up, I altered it to say "give it a rest."

Second, I thought you meant Planet of the Apes. My mistake.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Terminal
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:21 pm  Reply with quote

nonserviam03 wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:
Terminal wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:

Then Tim Burton doesn't know how to title his movies, making him a fucking moron. It should be called "Return to Wonderland" or something like that. Either way, irrelevant. It's still Tim Burton tackling subject matter from a classic children's story with Johnny Depp in a top hat.

I agree. Burton is obviously just reworking the story from "Hook" to fit "Alice in Wonderland" and basically naming it "Alice in Wonderland."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:23 pm  Reply with quote

Why title it differently so the morons of the world understand when it's pretty fucking crystal clear from the trailer what it is. Why pander to the lowest common denominator like so many films do. Besides it's Wonderland, nothing but an LSD induced mindfuck. Sequel, prequel, it doesn't matter.

I didn't get to go today because I was unaware of a Botmizfa or whatever that her and her daughter had to go to. Where's Spielberg when you need him?
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:30 pm  Reply with quote

I also don't consider it to be a children's story. It's best to read it while stoned out of your mind. Disney decided it should be for kids.
Terminal
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:34 pm  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
I also don't consider it to be a children's story. It's best to read it while stoned out of your mind. Disney decided it should be for kids.

I'd agree. It's not an actual children's story. Originally the story was written for the daughter of a college dean the author was in love with. Since she was just a little girl, the only way the man could declare his love for her was to create this story as a gift and undying devotion to her.

Who knew pedophilia could breed classic stories like this and "Lolita"?
Emy
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:29 am  Reply with quote

I own an ancient copy of it and have read it. It is not exactly the Disney version of the story.

I often refer to the classics that kids are used to nowadays as "Disneyfied" versions.

I really have been wanting to get the classics in their original versions. Esp. Hans Christian Henderson's.
Terminal
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:44 am  Reply with quote

Emy wrote:
I own an ancient copy of it and have read it. It is not exactly the Disney version of the story.

I often refer to the classics that kids are used to nowadays as "Disneyfied" versions.

I really have been wanting to get the classics in their original versions. Esp. Hans Christian Henderson's.

Great idea, actually.

These original stories would be heavily banned if they existed before Disney ever neutered them in cartoons.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:52 am  Reply with quote

I've never seen the Disney version. My parents sat me down in front of some Disney cartoons when I was a kid and I hated them. So what did I do when I had kids? Sit them down in front of Disney cartoons and they hated them too. The only exception to my overall disdain for them is The Fox and the Hound which I watched when I was older. My favorite animated movie is still Watership Down. Haven't seen it in a long time but I remember lots of blood and rabbits getting killed. It disturbed me when I was young which was far more interesting to me than watching a princess prance around singing.
Emy
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:07 pm  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
Emy wrote:

Great idea, actually.

These original stories would be heavily banned if they existed before Disney ever neutered them in cartoons.

I had found them as used books but the price was too high for me to be able to pick them up on the spot, they were very old but in great shape.

So far, I have a couple antic books but they were bought off of people that did not know what they had in hand.