FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Human Target
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:50 pm  Reply with quote

Did anyone see the debut of this new action show? I personally loved it. I had no idea it was based on a DC Comics series and I was pretty surprised it ended up being quite good.

Mark Valley was great on "Keen Eddie" and he's equally great here. The pilot was just off the wall exciting and this show has real potential to take off and become a hit.

I also really enjoy Jackie Earle Haley as Guerrero a super hacker who aides in much of the missions Valley's character takes part in.

I plan to follow this series religiously.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
theGoldenSimatar
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:16 am  Reply with quote

I started watching it on Hulu, totally agree with you. Enjoyable, lots of tension mixed with the right amount of humor. And Jackie Earle Haley rules the TV when he's on.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:40 am  Reply with quote

Didn't the cameo from Danny Glover in the pilot take you off guard?

I love this show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobodaddy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:12 pm  Reply with quote

Location: Munyeca. Yo te ciaro. Yo te ciaro Ohio. Muy bonito.

I like the show but I think it's unfortunate they had to change Chance's M.O. In the comic he disguises himself as the client. He slips into their lives without the knowledge of the people closest to them. This requires him to take on their personality -- to act and react as the client would. He has to be them. This has resulted in a lot of psychological trauma for Chance. The question of identity, who Chance is and who he isn't, plays a huge role in the book. I understand why it had to be altered -- a series where the lead vanishes for arcs at a time simply wouldn't work -- but I wish they had found a way to keep some element of it. It's what made the character a compelling creation.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:47 am  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

Nobodaddy wrote:
I like the show but I think it's unfortunate they had to change Chance's M.O. In the comic he disguises himself as the client. He slips into their lives without the knowledge of the people closest to them. This requires him to take on their personality -- to act and react as the client would. He has to be them. This has resulted in a lot of psychological trauma for Chance. The question of identity, who Chance is and who he isn't, plays a huge role in the book. I understand why it had to be altered -- a series where the lead vanishes for arcs at a time simply wouldn't work -- but I wish they had found a way to keep some element of it. It's what made the character a compelling creation.

Well, I'm sure some writer could slip in an episode where Chance has to take over for a client...either they die on his watch or need to go missing. It could be done.

Right now, this is my favorite new show of the season. I love the over-the-top, goofy 80's throwback vibe of it, and the cast is excellent. Hell, last week we get both Kevin Weisman from "Alias" and Mitch Pileggi in guest starring roles. Love the fact that they slyly slipped in some DC references with a monk talking about how the Crisis On Infinite Earths could relate to religion with some other monks in one episode. And I love Jackie Earle Hailey as Guerrero, who is perhaps the most against-type computer hacker ever.

Just such a fun little show!

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell