Horror Shorts: Festival Hit THE HAUNTING OF POTTERSFIELD Now Streaming on ALTER

I was lucky enough to catch The Haunting of Pottersfield as part of a short films block at Panic Fest earlier this year (before COVID-19 shuttered the majority of 2020’s film festivals and conventions). Written and directed by Andre Dixon, The Haunting of Pottersfield delivers the intensity of a feature film like The Conjuring in eight short minutes!

Now streaming on ALTER, check out The Haunting of Pottersfield and read more about the short film below.

Synopsis:
The Haunting of Pottersfield is the story of two paranormal researchers that stay overnight in one of the most haunted places in the world, the Wallace Mansion. There, they will attempt to prove or debunk the existence of its most famous resident the vengeful ghost of Mary Wallace, Mary is said to haunt the place nearly 150 years after her death.

The Haunting of Pottersfield stars Erik Grey (Jason), Lori Katz (Mary Wallace), Erin Lee (Leigh), and Chad Alan Crenshaw (Grimes).

Director’s Statement:
“I’ve always loved ghost stories that really chill to the bone. Ghost Story (1981) starring Fred Astaire was one of the movies that really scared me as a kid. That movie along with Poltergeist, The Innocents, The Haunting, and The Shining really inspired my interest in directing supernatural horror films. This film was shot in Abilene, KS. in a historic Victorian mansion. All of the furniture, and decor are from an era long since passed. These elements really helped create a sense of history in the film and provided a great overall aesthetic that I believe viewers will find pleasing.”

What did you think of The Haunting of Pottersfield? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram! You can also carry on the convo with me personally on Twitter @josh_millican.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: