FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Cold Spots -> Seeking True Ghost Stories
Truegho
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:27 pm  Reply with quote

I run the no. 1 site on the web for true ghost stories and am currently seeking articles relating to cold spots, haunted houses or any other kind of ghostly activity.

So if you have a true ghost story to tell, please either email me at webmaster@trueghoststories.co.uk or leave a message here.

Thanks.
Truegho
www.trueghoststories.co.uk
Sifu Scott
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:00 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Nipples

I'm genuinely curious...What makes your site the number 1 true ghost story site on the web? Also, considering we have an archive of more than ninety stories here, it makes me think that maybe you haven't looked around the site much. Soliciting ghost stories with the "number 1" claim here is like going to the main board and saying "I run the number one horror site..." First, it's unprofessional and second, it's just rude.
Truegho
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:29 am  Reply with quote

I am very sorry if you misinterpreted my post. But my ghost site IS No. 1 on Google for the search term true ghost stories. I was not boasting or making false claims; I was just stating a mere fact.

Honestly, you have to be very careful what you say on these forums, in case your comment is taken the wrong way!

Sifu Scott wrote:
I'm genuinely curious...What makes your site the number 1 true ghost story site on the web? Also, considering we have an archive of more than ninety stories here, it makes me think that maybe you haven't looked around the site much. Soliciting ghost stories with the "number 1" claim here is like going to the main board and saying "I run the number one horror site..." First, it's unprofessional and second, it's just rude.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:50 am  Reply with quote

I have a true story but I don't like the look of your site to be honest.
Looks like a TV show and some of the stories I read sound like complete bullshit.
Truegho
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:57 am  Reply with quote

Oh, my, we HAVE got our knickers in a twist, haven't we?

Look, mate, nobody asked you for your opinion. You are in a minority in regard to your pathetic and childish comments about my ghost site, as most people have praised it to high heaven!

You obviously don't like ghost sites, so why bother browsing them?

Floydian Trip wrote:
Looks like a TV show and some of the stories I read sound like complete bullshit.

Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:20 pm  Reply with quote

Not at all. I wasn't trying to offend you. I'm just telling you how it comes off to me. Anybody can make up a ghost story. I was wondering if you did any research into these things at all yourself or if you just took peoples word for it.
MethRattle
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:45 am  Reply with quote

Truegho wrote:
Oh, my, we HAVE got our knickers in a twist, haven't we?

Look, mate, nobody asked you for your opinion. You are in a minority in regard to your pathetic and childish comments about my ghost site, as most people have praised it to high heaven!

You obviously don't like ghost sites, so why bother browsing them?

Floydian Trip wrote:

I was going to state that I thought these other two were being a bit preemptive in their judgments, but then you had to go and give their opinions credence.

So shame on everyone in this thread! Me, too! I shouldn't even have posted! Bad!
YouGetNoArt4freeFanBoys
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:00 am  Reply with quote

Hm.

if someone provides you with a real story, do you (Truegho) offer ANY warranties (IN WRITING, as per WGA approved contracts) that would disallow you, Truegho, from making ONE DIME out of the stories unless you compensated the person providing the story?

Bearing in mind that the WGA has minimums developed for such "true" material?

It's a yes or no question.

If you use weasel-words to duck out from an answer, you are a shady fucker and to be avoided like the plague.

P.S. and btw: the parasitic tapeworm tactic of cheating content providers by claiming "deferral" contract structure as "payment" does not count, here, for this question. Deferral - deals are THEFT without the balls to lift a man's wallet.
MethRattle
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:46 am  Reply with quote

You've seen "To Kill A Mockingbird", haven't you.
YouGetNoArt4freeFanBoys
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:16 am  Reply with quote

I prefer killing carrion birds myself.

such as cockless wankers trying to get saleable material for free by conning innocent folks on message boards.

But yes, I have seen the film and read the core material and know many others whom have done the same...

who will be slamming doors in truegho's face left/right/centre if truegho tries to pull a swiftie.

(sorry truegho, but that sentence above is NOT actionable...)
Dr.Rico
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:15 pm  Reply with quote

Has anyone heard the story of the shady ghost from the ghost story site?

Apparently he comes onto your message boards at night to steal your ghost stories.

You can summon him during the day if you look into your favorite horror forum and say "wanker" three times.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:17 pm  Reply with quote

I did spend over an hour on the site.

EDIT

I also don't think coming up first in Google means a damn thing. I don't know how many times I've searched for something only to have a post or something of mine come up first which is amusing but doesn't exactely mean I've been published. Laughing
Dr.Rico
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:32 pm  Reply with quote

I hardly noticed his claim - number one search result with "true ghost stories" as the search terms? Can't be all that difficult with the phrase itself in the URL... nice try, homeslice.

Telling people on a horror board that they must not like ghost sites was a mistake, but the greater mistake was insulting two respected members of this board, one of whom I believe is a contributor...
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:36 pm  Reply with quote

Scott is incredibly accomplished in the field so if anything he should have been asking him for advice.
YouGetNoArt4freeFanBoys
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:00 am  Reply with quote

seems a bit of industry knowledge is to truegho what garlic is to Vlad.