Making HOLLOW MAN Was Extremely Hard on Kevin Bacon

It looks like filming Paul Verhoeven’s Hollow Man with Elisabeth Shue and Josh Brolin was extremely hard on actor Kevin Bacon – even though he’s not on-screen 90% of the time.

He tells EW: “When I got the script I thought, this is going to be amazing, I mean most of this is in voiceover. But Paul Verhoeven felt very strongly that he wanted me to use my body and the outline of my body and then have my voice — rightly — interacting with the actors, so they had something to play with. Paul and the effects people were really experimenting with motion control cameras and motion control capture. Everyone’s familiar with the green screen — well I was the green screen, so I [was] often covered in green with giant green contact lenses that covered my eyes and green mouth and green make-up all over and a green suit. It was long and extremely hard to make. It was a tough one!

Do you dig Paul Verhoeven’s Hollow Man? Let us know what you think in the comments below or over on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram!

Rated R for strong violence, language, and some sexuality/nudity, the film begins after years of experimentation, brilliant but arrogant scientist Sebastian Caine has discovered a way to make matter invisible. Determined to achieve the ultimate breakthrough, Caine pushes his team to move to the next phase – using himself as the subject. The test is a success, but when the process can’t be reversed, Caine seems doomed.

Inspired by H. G. Wells’ The Invisible Man, it sports a 27% rating over on Rotten Tomatoes with a Critics Consensus that reads: Despite awesome special effects, Hollow Man falls short of other films directed by Paul Verhoeven. This flick over time degenerates into a typical horror film.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: