FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Mass Effect 2
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:55 pm  Reply with quote

I love this game. Though I think it's a lot less RPG than the first one, it's still awesome. I imported my level 50 Infiltrator so that's awesome. And like someone said, you have so many new interaction options due to importing the game. This is how every sequel should be done.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:24 pm  Reply with quote

I don't like RPG's. Not at all. Fallout bored me to death the littel I played it. This is more than just an RPG. As DSIC wrote it's less RPG and more everything else. Very addicting.

Still with that instead of just moving the Normandy around a map I'd be able to get into space battles too along the lines of Freespace 2. Then you'd be talking "best game ever" as it is though this will be a GotY contender. It'll certainly be the best RPG of the year. I don't care if they release another Final Fantasy between now and the end of the year.

Have picked up Archangel and the doctor and completed a couple minor sidequests. Feels good so far.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:20 pm  Reply with quote

I love RPGs. Fallout 3 was one of the best western developed RPGs of this generation. As was the original Mass Effect. The Final Fantasy series are the only Japanese RPGs I've played in the last 10 or so years. Last gen's best RPG is easily Knights of the Old Republic.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:17 am  Reply with quote

Now I'm between missions. Scanning planets for materials really isn't all that bad. I like how they integrated force feedback into it. I also enjoy the lock picking and hacking mini-games. Have picked up a couple of minor sidequests such as finding Brandy and new parts for the ship but no combat missions as of yet. I also enjoy a load screen during elevator rides instead of sitting on the supposed future elevator for 5 minutes at a time.

I don't have a single complaint yet and feel that everything is incredibly intuitive so far.

This game is love.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:33 am  Reply with quote

Beat the game this afternoon. Unlike the first one you can continue and finish up any side quests you missed which was welcome. Going for the level 30 achievement now with a second play through.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:53 pm  Reply with quote

I have a problem with this game. Once you start a new game your old saves are gone. Which sucks because now I can't even go and make a new character just to how differently the game plays out. Well I could, but I want to continue with my character from Mass Effect 1.
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:03 am  Reply with quote

Great fuckin' game! SPOILERS!

Towards the end, while choosing which characters would perform certain tasks I inadvertantly let Thane get picked up by a Collector swarm! I loved Thane.... I also lost Zaeed and Jacob. The only thing that disappointed me was the final boss fight. I thought the entire design was kind of lame. Still, the amount of work that was put into this game is staggering as far characters and design go.

I also played as an evil bastard. It was tough being a dick to anyone and everyone but oh so satisying to fuck up your enemies in a variety of ways. The Terminator face was a plus as well.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:52 am  Reply with quote

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
I have a problem with this game. Once you start a new game your old saves are gone. Which sucks because now I can't even go and make a new character just to how differently the game plays out. Well I could, but I want to continue with my character from Mass Effect 1.

Disregard this. What they've done is actually better. It saves your career so you don't run the risk of saving over it. Awesome. So happy to be wrong.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:54 am  Reply with quote

LSD Zombie wrote:
Great fuckin' game! SPOILERS!

Towards the end, while choosing which characters would perform certain tasks I inadvertantly let Thane get picked up by a Collector swarm! I loved Thane.... I also lost Zaeed and Jacob. The only thing that disappointed me was the final boss fight. I thought the entire design was kind of lame. Still, the amount of work that was put into this game is staggering as far characters and design go.

I also played as an evil bastard. It was tough being a dick to anyone and everyone but oh so satisying to fuck up your enemies in a variety of ways. The Terminator face was a plus as well.

See, this is why I am playing this game for a 3rd time. I dumped resources into the med-bay so I could look pretty. Now I wanna see my evil face.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:23 pm  Reply with quote

This game blows my mind. It'[s stunning in every way. My buddies think they've dumbed it down from the way I describe it but I honeslty think it's way more complex, just streamlined to perfection.

A GOTY contender without a doubt. But videogaming is going to explode this year and if people don't start making threads on all these games then I'll have to. I think the only thing missing is Gears of War. Maybe Epic just hasn't announced anything yet.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:30 pm  Reply with quote

Its definitely not more complex than the last one. At all. It has been dumbed down. Overall its a smoother experience than the first one in terms of gameplay but the first one had a better story and I like the RPG elements they dumped from the first game. I don't like every character having pre-determined powers/tech/skills. And the mining is a fucking chore.

Great game, but needs to get a few more things right before Mass Effect 2.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:56 pm  Reply with quote

I don't see it that way because like I mentioned I don't like RPG's anymore. They're usually way too tedious for me to get into. I don't know if this is just an exceptional one or if it's a shooter.
MethRattle
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:23 pm  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
...videogaming is going to explode this year and if people don't start making threads on all these games then I'll have to.

I hope to start a "Heavy Rain" thread later this month.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:59 pm  Reply with quote

MethRattle wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:
...videogaming is going to explode this year and if people don't start making threads on all these games then I'll have to.

I hope to start a "Heavy Rain" thread later this month.

Please do. You might persuade me to buy a PS3. Hell, I'm halfway there after hearing you talk about Demon's Souls. I loved Indigo Prophesy and HR really peeks my interest.
Count Zartro
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:07 pm  Reply with quote

Hate I'm late to the party on this.

I LOVE this game!!

I had a saved Paragon Shepard from ME1 I loaded in.

But before I played, I powered through a Renegade girl Shepard to make different choices and see how it effects the game.

I've beat it with Paragon Shepard and now I'm starting up with my Renegade Shepard import.

Love this game, one of my all time favorites ever.