David Arquette on Intense SCREAM 5 Secrecy: Ghostface Comes to Your House If You Talk

Original Scream trilogy star David Arquette is going to return for Radio Silence’s upcoming Scream 5! And today he talked a bit about the reboot.

Arquette shared with AP: “They announced it, the contract that they sent me, literally I think it has, ‘Ghostface comes to your house,’ if you break it. Like, that’s it, it’s done, you’re gone. It’s an intense contract, so I’m not really sure about what I’m allowed to say or talk about but I’m really excited to be a part of it and really excited to get together with Kevin Williamson, [who has] blessed it, and these incredible new filmmakers. So, I don’t know. I’ve got such a big mouth that I can’t talk about anything.”

He adds: “Anything Wes did, I’d love to see his legacy continue. Wes Craven was such an influence for me and a mentor. That’s gonna be a lot of my time on it, just reminiscing about all the incredibly important times I shared with him and how influential he was on me.”

Check out the full interview below.

Are you excited about Scream 5? Make sure to let us know what you think in the comments below or over on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram

Wes Craven revitalized the slasher genre with the original classic, which manages to be funny, clever, and scary, as a fright-masked knife maniac stalks high-school students in middle-class suburbia. Craven is happy to provide both tension and self-parody as the body count mounts.

The first Scream flick sports a 79% on Rotten Tomatoes with a Critics Consensus that reads: Horror icon Wes Craven’s subversive deconstruction of the genre is sly, witty, and surprisingly effective as a slasher film itself, even if it’s a little too cheeky for some.

Scream was written by Kevin Williamson. Cathy Konrad and Cary Woods produced and starred Neve Campbell, David Arquette, Courteney Cox, Matthew Lillard, Rose McGowan, Skeet Ulrich, and Drew Barrymore.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: