FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Radio 666 -> Peter Gabriel
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:54 pm  Reply with quote

Here Comes The Flood is also a pretty amazing song.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:10 pm  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:54 pm  Reply with quote

Now this is dance music!

(Aah, yeah)

Jump in the water

Sweet little princess
Let me introduce his frogness
You alone can get him singing
He's all puffed up, wanna be your king
Oh you can do it
C'mon [x6]
Lady kiss that frog

Splash, dash heard your call
Bring you back your golden ball
He's gonna dive down in the deep end
He's gonna be just like your best friend
So what's one little kiss
One tiny little touch
Aaah, he's wanting it so much
I swear that this is royal blood
Running through my skin
Oh can you see the state I'm in
Kiss it better, Kiss it better
(Kiss that frog)

Get it into your royal head
He's living with you, he sleeps in your bed
Can't you hear beyond the croaking
Don't you know that I'm not joking
Aaah, you think you won't
I think you will
Don't you know that this tongue can kill
C'mon [x6]
Lady kiss that frog

Let him sit beside you
Eat right off your plate
You don't have to be afraid
There's nothing here to hate
Ah, princess you might like it
If you lower your defence
Kiss that frog, and you will
Get your prince [x2]
(Huh!)

Jump in the water, c'mon baby jump in with me
Jump in the water, c'mon baby get wet with me
Jump in the water, c'mon baby jump in with me
Jump in the water, c'mon baby get wet (get wet, get wet)

Kiss that frog, lady kiss that frog [x4]

Jump in the water, c'mon baby jump in with me [x3]
Jump in the water, c'mon baby get wet
(get wet, get wet) [x6]
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:56 pm  Reply with quote

14 days
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:57 pm  Reply with quote

10 days
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:12 am  Reply with quote

5 days
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:03 pm  Reply with quote

4 days
MethRattle
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:20 pm  Reply with quote

Is it Peter's birthday?
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:24 pm  Reply with quote

Might as well be. It's his new album on the 15th.
Karloff
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:03 pm  Reply with quote

And what a letdown it proved to be!

Sorry, but I only like PG when he's doing his own thing. I respectfully disagree with you about this qualities as a frontman and vocalist (not one bit of live product has been put out by the man without a great deal of post-production tinkering) but on record he is amazing.

A fantastic writer (even back in the days of Genesis with The Musical Box, Supper's Ready and The Lamb) and very good at highlighting worthy issues through his music and his work.

I wish he'd done more stuff with Phil Collins throughout his career as when those two got together it was pure magic. I'm talking PG3 and the concerts they played in the days of PG2.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:28 pm  Reply with quote

I have seen PG 4 times live and they were all flatout amazing concerts. He never would have been able to grow with Phil Collins because Phil was always interested in being popular. I think the fact that Genesis went to shit after they kicked out Gabriel is proof enough of that. I hated what Phil did to the band as much as I hate what Aerosmith turned into.

I have listened to Scratch My Back quite a bit now and I think it's an amazing album. It makes me think of what Passion would have been like with lyrics. I love classical and I love Peter's voice, together it's downright brilliant and soothing. Not depressing at all and I think he sounds as good as he ever has. Hell, even David Gilmour is starting to lose it but not Peter. I can't think of too many vocalists that could pull off what Peter has done here. Apres Moi is my favorite track. Beautiful arrangement and vocals.

Can't wait for I'll Scratch Yours or whatever the companion album is going to be called. Too bad they weren't able to pull off releasing them at the same time as originally planned.

It pissed me off that I had to drive 50 miles to get the album. Very few Best Buy's even got it in and then they deleted the sku right away so that they would never get anymore in. Peter Gabriel is so much better than 99% of the new releases that they carry.
Karloff
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:28 pm  Reply with quote

You hate what Phil Collins did to the band, eh? And Genesis kicked Gabriel out did they? Wow, who's your source for all this exclusive information?

And here I was thinking that this forum might have people who know what they're talking about. About horror, um, maybe, but as your post has made abundantly clear, you don't know shit.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:38 pm  Reply with quote

So you like post Gabriel Phil Collins? The only album I can tolerate is Abacab after that it's all pop bullshit. And the rest of the band couldn't work with Peter anymore because he was so unpredictable on stage. Also...

"Gabriel's departure from Genesis — which stunned fans of the group and left many commentators wondering if the band could survive — was the result of a number of factors. His stature as the lead singer of the band, and the added attention garnered by his flamboyant stage persona, led to tensions within the band. Genesis had always operated more or less as a collective, and Gabriel's burgeoning public profile led to fears within the group that he was being unfairly singled out as the creative hub; in addition, the band had begun to feel confined by the reputation (and fans' expectations) attached to their famously elaborate theatrical performances.

Tensions were heightened by the ambitious album and tour of the concept work The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, a Gabriel-created concept piece which saw him taking on the lion's share of the lyric writing. During the writing and recording of The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, Gabriel was approached by director William Friedkin, allegedly because Friedkin had found Gabriel's short story in the liner notes to Genesis Live interesting. Gabriel's interest in a film project with Friedkin was another contributing factor in his decision to leave Genesis. The decision to quit the band was made before the tour supporting The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, but Gabriel stayed with the band until the conclusion of that tour. Although tensions were high, both Gabriel and the remaining members of Genesis have stated publicly that Gabriel left the band on good terms, supported by the fact that he officially left eight months after telling the band it was time for him to move on.

The breaking point came with the difficult pregnancy of Gabriel's wife, Jill, and the subsequent birth of their first child, Anna. When he opted to stay with his sick daughter and wife, rather than record and tour, the resentment from the rest of the band led Gabriel to conclude that he had to leave the group. "Solsbury Hill", Gabriel's début single as a solo artist, was written specifically about his departure from Genesis. The song also charted on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1978, reaching the Top 70.[4] In 1982, Gabriel reunited with his former Genesis colleagues for the one-off concert, Six of the Best."

I've heard many things over the years but basically the rest of the band wanted him out.
Karloff
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:43 pm  Reply with quote

I haven't read your lengthy quote - source unknown, I presume. But I know enough about the band to know that Peter had decided to leave before The Lamb tour. Indeed, he left during the making of that album. The band, though, did not want him out at all - if they did, why did they not already have a game plan? Oh, don't tell me, it was part of Collins's grand plan for world domination to oust Peter so he could take over, of course it was.

Sorry, there may be things that you know - perhaps millions - but on this subject alone you can tell me nothing that I don't know already. Except of course that Peter's new album is really good...that's something I was completely unaware of, having heard what must be some other album called Scratch My Back, which was total shite.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:47 pm  Reply with quote

I just quoted wikipedia because I didn't feel like typing all that shit. The Lamb was Peter's baby and he did finish the album and stayed to tour for it also but at the end of the day Gabriel was becoming bigger than Genesis and they didn't like it.

He's a far better lyracist than Phil Collins ever was. Phil Collins is a better actor than singer.