FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Mass Effect 2
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:49 am  Reply with quote

Pestilence wrote:
Is it a game from this gen? "Too Human" possibly?

No, not Too Human. What gen was it even from? I don't know why I'm drawing such a blank but its been killing me lately. I know there's an A in there somewhere. Haha.
Pestilence
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:58 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

You've got me intrigued now, too, LOL!

What type of game was it? 3rd person RPG, FPS etc? Can you remember which system you played it on?
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:11 am  Reply with quote

It was a third person shooter I think, hah, and they were really pulling out all the stops for it. It was supposed to be a trilogy. It was really quite an event and even with all of its problems most people have alot of love for it. I really don't know why it has faded so much from memory. I played it on Xbox. Yes, last gen, I'm sure of it.
Pestilence
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:36 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

...and it was Sci-Fi, yeah? Any other details you can remember, such as what your character was like, the basic plot or the enemy types you fought?
MethRattle
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:47 am  Reply with quote

Advent Rising.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:48 am  Reply with quote

It's like I never played it which is why it's so maddening. It is definitely sci-fi. And you played it too. Laughing
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:49 am  Reply with quote

MethRattle wrote:
Advent Rising.

Ding, ding, ding. Yes!
Pestilence
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:16 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I never played that one! Think I will now, though! Mr. Green
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:10 am  Reply with quote

Pestilence wrote:
I never played that one! Think I will now, though! Mr. Green

I'm surprised you haven't with your love of Mass Effect. It's not a forgettable game at all, it's my memory. It's a really great game. You would enjoy it. Very Happy
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:52 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Got it launch night. Playing through with my imported lvl 50 from the original, and they do an amazing job of importing all KINDS of interactions and decisions from the first one into the sequel. Never seen anything like it before. Example: you have an easy time getting past a checkpoint, because the person manning it ran into you briefly in the first game and I saved his ass. If you didn't, well, I imagine you're going to have to wipe out that checkpoint to get by.

Anyway, everything good about the first game and more. Fan-frickin-tastic so far. Bigger, better, amazing. Can't wait to finish it so I can start over with a new character...and then go back to Mass Effect to finish a different character to import. Going to be hard to take a break and take on Dante's Inferno and Bioshock 2 here in a couple weeks.
Pestilence
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:12 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Mr. Dark wrote:
Got it launch night. Playing through with my imported lvl 50 from the original, and they do an amazing job of importing all KINDS of interactions and decisions from the first one into the sequel. Never seen anything like it before. Example: you have an easy time getting past a checkpoint, because the person manning it ran into you briefly in the first game and I saved his ass. If you didn't, well, I imagine you're going to have to wipe out that checkpoint to get by.

Anyway, everything good about the first game and more. Fan-frickin-tastic so far. Bigger, better, amazing. Can't wait to finish it so I can start over with a new character...and then go back to Mass Effect to finish a different character to import. Going to be hard to take a break and take on Dante's Inferno and Bioshock 2 here in a couple weeks.

When you're thinking about replaying the original just to import a new character to the game, you know you're onto something special. Mass Effect 2 is THAT GOOD.

Hard to believe, but do we actually have Game of the Year in January?
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:53 pm  Reply with quote

Played for an hour before I went to bed and WOW. The graphics are stunning. The opening cutscenes blew me away. They looked great and were some great space action sequences. I almost wanted it to just be a movie. That one bit you control while on the Normandy reminded me of Dead Space. I didn't even realize it wasn't the cutscene anymore until he just stood there. Once you find out who you are and the game starts the combat sets right in and definitely feels much more refined to me. Very slick. So far it feels more like a third person shooter and less RPG. More like Dead Space than playing the first game. I didn't want to stop but this is what I'm going to be doing all weekend.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:25 pm  Reply with quote

Once I got back on the Normandy I read everything in the Codex. Bioware goes the extra mile with these minute touches. One of the reasons they make the best RPG's in gaming today. A typical J-RPG has nothing on these guys. I have only just begun obviously and can't wait to get deeper. Can't wait to meet the first real character.

The Normandy is some badass ship design!

Add space combat and this game would truly have it all.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:01 am  Reply with quote

Just rented it tonight (always do before I buy any game) and I can't import my level 50 sniper in the game. Why? Well I checked the official ME2 boards and it turns out that if you finished Mass Effect and started a new game+ but didn't finish your second play through, you might be shit out of luck. ME2 did not recognize my cleared game and according to the many posts on the aforementioned boards, I'm not alone. That's where I am now, and I have to say it's an epic, epic fail and I will not be buying it until I hear they patched this inexcusable oversight.

First you have to pay extra for a fucking item box in Dragon Age and now this. Bioware is seriously dropping the ball. Color me pissed. Sad
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:24 pm  Reply with quote

Start over man.

I'm at the point where I hook up with Archangel, pretty awesome when you find out who he is, but I keep getting killed and I'm not saving because I get so into the game. Dammit, gotta start over again.