FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Radio 666 -> Something DC should shine a light on *SERIOUSLY HORROR FANS*
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:26 am  Reply with quote

Done with disc 3 and am off to watch a movie but these two discs alone are worth the price of admission. Phenominal, truly. I don't think any self respecting critic could make this sound as good as it really is.

Sad that I missed the DC coverage of this but glad I stumbled across it in Rue Morgue. This is the best purchase I have made in a very long time.

What I think they've done a particularly superb job of so far is the music selection. All the truly greats are here but what sticks out the most to me so far is how distinctly different they make the time periods seem even though they converge. The progression in music from one time period to the next is truly fascinating.

Anyway, tomorrow the final two discs. Although one thing I think is odd is the order they placed the music in. I'd like to know why they chose to go backwards. Perhaps to appeal to the modern horror fans with the first two discs.

Oh yeah, they could have done better with the packaging. Seems like they didn't expect this to be all that popular.

Last edited by Floydian Trip on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
MethRattle
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:26 am  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
...a movie called Dracula which I'm scratching my head about. I've never heard the theme so I know I haven't seen the movie I can't really think of what it is.

The Frank Langella "Dracula"? Unless they meant "Love At First Bite", maybe?

I'm just guessin'.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:32 am  Reply with quote

MethRattle wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:
...a movie called Dracula which I'm scratching my head about. I've never heard the theme so I know I haven't seen the movie I can't really think of what it is.

I'm just guessin'.

Could be. It's a start, thanks. I'll have to investigate. You ever tried to look up different Dracula movies? It isn't easy. Haha. Maybe Scott knows.
Gus Bjork
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:43 am  Reply with quote

MethRattle wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:

I'm just guessin'.

That's what I'm thinking. That's a John Williams score if I remember correctly. Great great mood music. I haven't seen the movie in decades but I don't recall being fond of it.
MethRattle
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:24 am  Reply with quote

I call Frank Langella's "Dracula" the Disco Dracula, due to all the cheesy fog machines used during romantic vampire seduction scenes. It's not that bad, it's just very 70's-disco in a not-so-bad way.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:57 am  Reply with quote

It was composed by John Williams so you guys must be correct. I don't think I've ever even heard of this movie.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:45 pm  Reply with quote

1999 - 1984

The Mummy - The Sand Volcano/Love Theme, just another reason to hate this movie. Sleepy Hollow - End Titles, ahhh faith restored. The Haunting - The Carousel - End Titles, aptly named and forgettable.