FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> I miss Scare Tactics
pumpkin
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:52 am  Reply with quote

They don't show that on SciFi anymore do they? I think too many people got traumatized so they cancelled it. That's what made the show so freaking great. I dont ever even see reruns on anymore, unless I'm missing something.
Shannon Douerghty was a stupid bitch anyway, that was the only part of the show that I couldn't stand.

http://www.myspace.com/candycorn138
filmcans
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:03 am  Reply with quote

It's hard to pick a favorite, but one that stands out as particularly cruel/funny was the one where some anal-retentive nutjob guy was hosting a party and the caterer (the victim) discovered that the guests were all mannequins.

ooh, no! I got one better...

The one where they set-up a fake prank show and a guy (the victim) and his best friend are told to trick a woman (who is part of Scare Tactics itself) who is working as a temp in a doctor's office. The victim is supposed to be a doctor and his friend plays a werewolf. It's the victim's job to come out bloody and scared and warn the temp that there's something wrong with his patient, then the friend, in a $2.99 werewolf costume, is supposed to leap out and scare the temp. Well, the werewolf jumps out, and the temp whips out a gun and unloads into the wolfman, leading the guy that's playing the doctor to FLIP THE HELL OUT! It was a crazy set-up, for a GREAT prank.

Someone needs to release this show on DVD...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zombiesatemyspleen
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:29 am  Reply with quote

Indeed, a truly hilarious show. The werewolf one was great. That and the one where the guy in an incredible bigfoot costume rushed the side of a camper filled with scared girls. Hope it comes out on dvd. I Really miss it.
killswitch
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:54 am  Reply with quote

It's on DVD here (Australia) I'd be suprised if we had it and you didn't.
JamesN
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:51 pm  Reply with quote

I miss it too. Don't know how real it was (probably not very), but I still loved what few episodes I caught when it was on the air . . . .

My favorites were the Bigfoot-attacks-camper episode mentioned above, and the effiminate guy asking the rat-midget in the genetics lab, "Are you okay, little man?"

Hilarious stuff!

J.N.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Terminal
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:00 pm  Reply with quote

I liked this show at first, but once I realized the reactions were as staged as the pranks, I dropped it.

And every time someone said "You're on Scare Tactics!" People never had a realistic reaction. I would have been mumbling and asking "What the fuck is Scare Tactics?" But people would scream and start laughing almost as if in some other reality "Scare Tactics" was almost as well known as "Candid Camera". Blech.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PowerLeech
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:10 am  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
I liked this show at first, but once I realized the reactions were as staged as the pranks, I dropped it.

And every time someone said "You're on Scare Tactics!" People never had a realistic reaction. I would have been mumbling and asking "What the fuck is Scare Tactics?" But people would scream and start laughing almost as if in some other reality "Scare Tactics" was almost as well known as "Candid Camera". Blech.

I just liked to pretend that with the people that didn't know what it was (which very well could be everyone,) they made some cuts and explained to them during the cut that it was a Candid Cameraish show.
Terminal
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:28 am  Reply with quote

PowerLeech wrote:
Terminal wrote:

I just liked to pretend that with the people that didn't know what it was (which very well could be everyone,) they made some cuts and explained to them during the cut that it was a Candid Cameraish show.

Laughing Okay.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JamesN
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:44 am  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
I would have been mumbling and asking "What the fuck is Scare Tactics?" But people would scream and start laughing almost as if in some other reality "Scare Tactics" was almost as well known as "Candid Camera".

LOL! I used to think the same thing . . . .

J.N.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger