FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Demons on BBC America
Emy
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:45 pm  Reply with quote

Anyone else watching? Impressions?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demons_(TV_series)

I watched the first and second episodes so far and it is not bad, but could definately use some improvement.

The main character of Luke needs something extra it feels like, he's not quite there, he needs more maybe personality? The secondary characters are not bad, Ruby seems more like a human being then most in there. The mom and Rupert seemed like they may need to be fleshed out more, especially the mom.

As for Mina, I like her, I kept thinking that the show could be better if she had a bigger part in it.

I got a big feeling of this being too glossy, not dark enough. I kept thinking, "How can they not have killed this demon yet? The Winchester Bros eat this kind of demons for breakfast."

Maybe it is not for me. Maybe the audience it's looking to get is younger or less horror fiend then me...

Sicne the show is only 6 episodes, I will keep watching to see if anything develops in interesting ways.
Emy
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:17 pm  Reply with quote

Episode 3 watched.

Meh, not getting all that better.

I care more about secondary characters then main ones... Ruby being the main reason I'm watching this at this point.

Hex actress doing a small part in this episode.

Best parts involved Ruby when she switched off her dislike for Mina and became the focuse of a part of the story.

I keep seeing praise for this show, but cannot see it at all. Seems more for teens.

I will keep watching as I already have watched half of it by this point. Not too big of a commitment.

At the same time, if my TiVo is full, this is the show that will get the axe.
Emy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:03 pm  Reply with quote

I have now accepted that I am the only once watching this show and that I shall discuss it on my own... Sad

So, I have now watched episodes 4 and 5 back to back.

Seems to be picking up. Not as much character exposition now. More action.

In episode 4, it is discovered how Mina has been managing her vampirism and it is pretty clever I must admit. Seems pretty plausible I guess.

Also, the episode was mostly revolving around her and since I think she is one of the strongest characters on the show, it is now probably my favorite episode in the series so far (only one more episode left to air in the US/watch).

For the 5th episode, it was back to mostly Luke, so I thought it would be back to being somewhat lackluster. But suprisingly, it was not as lackluster as I expected.

Luke finally seemed more like a real human being, even having real feelings for once.

The monster of the episode was a bit more interesting to me then the ones in episodes 1, 2, and 3. Maybe because it was based in greek lore/mythology or maybe simply because who protrayed it in human form seemed a lot better then the previous ones...

Anyways, only one episode left to the series, so I will record it this weekend and watch it later.

I might come and post here again even though this is looking more like my personal blog then a discussion.