Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Spider-man 4
arandomthought
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:10 pm  Reply with quote

thank you!
Terminal
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:37 am  Reply with quote

As all of you may know Spider-man is now being rebooted by Sony who have kicked off Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire from the series to start fresh.

I for one am actually interested in seeing what they do to the series because frankly I was never too in to the franchise anyway.

Maguire was much too old and boring to play Peter, Dunst was a horrible love interest and the quality declined as the movies went on. Part Three was the breaking point for me.

I hear they're going to start over by focusing on Peter as a teenager, which the first movie just skimmed over. I'd be happy to see them do something new and interesting with a brand new cast. I also hope they give us a reason to like Mary Jane.

Who would you want to see as Peter?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
arandomthought
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:05 am  Reply with quote

Please send me wherever you got the info...I want to know. And as long as we don't get topher grace as venom, I'm overjoyed. Who should the first villain be?
MethRattle
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:39 pm  Reply with quote

arandomthought wrote:
Who should the first villain be?

THE LIZARD, in his lab coat, looking like a man-sized bipedal lizard wearing a labcoat. As he should look. No 'evolving into a lizard' bullshit, no DNA inner-change still looking human, and NO CGI RE-IMAGINING. I mean, how could you fuck up The Lizard?...no, forget I said that...
arandomthought
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:45 pm  Reply with quote

MethRattle wrote:
arandomthought wrote:
Who should the first villain be?

THE LIZARD, in his lab coat, looking like a man-sized bipedal lizard wearing a labcoat. As he should look. No 'evolving into a lizard' bullshit, no DNA inner-change still looking human, and NO CGI RE-IMAGINING. I mean, how could you fuck up The Lizard?...no, forget I said that...

I was about to say...

I think Rhino, and lizard would be a nice opener(though lizard might be rushing it). Shocker would be fun.
Terminal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:53 pm  Reply with quote

It's a reboot, they're obviously going to want to go with a villain who can provide a lot of action sequences. So I'm guessing maybe someone like Rhino, or Shocker, or maybe Electro.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
arandomthought
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:59 pm  Reply with quote

Shocker would make me rather excited as he's one of my favorite villians...
Terminal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:56 pm  Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind seeing Scorpion.

Of course I'd want an actual source for the villain, so seeing Tombstone enlisting Scorpion or someone equally threatening to take down Spider-Man.

I am really interested to see who they cast as Peter Parker though.
Emy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:04 pm  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:

That is actually, partial scary. I can just see them hiring the kid from Zombieland or worst, that High School Musical guy (*shudders, then pukes*).
Terminal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:05 pm  Reply with quote

Emy wrote:
Terminal wrote:

That is actually, partial scary. I can just see them hiring the kid from Zombieland or worst, that High School Musical guy (*shudders, then pukes*).

Yeah I'm not worried, personally. The movie is still in its infancy so I think we'll go through about fifty possible casting rumors before finally seeing who will play Peter. I want someone fairly unknown who actually looks like a high schooler.
arandomthought
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:56 pm  Reply with quote

I think I might be able to pull it off Mr. Green

Scorpion would be an interesting choice, but since no one has any beef with spiderman yet, I think him taking on shocker or rhino would be a good start to introduce kingpin, and then next movie have scorpion in it.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:10 pm  Reply with quote

Is Elijah Wood too old?
Terminal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:11 pm  Reply with quote

Waaaay too old.

Besides I think I've seen enough of him.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:14 pm  Reply with quote

I haven't seen anything he's been in except for Lord of the Rings and I thought he made a pretty amazing Frodo. I don't even know how old he is. He looks young.
Terminal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:18 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah don't get me wrong I don't dislike the guy, I just can't take too much of him.

He was a great Frodo.

If you have to see him in anything, see him in "Radio Flyer." He's really good in it!