AHS 10: Macaulay Culkin Will Have Insane Crazy Erotic Sex with … Kathy Bates?

In case you missed the news earlier this year, The Good Son and Home Alone star Macaulay Culkin has joined the cast of Ryan Murphy’s hit horror anthology series American Horror Story for its upcoming (delayed) tenth season. And today, Murphy talked a bit about Culkin’s “very, very great insane part” and just how he convinced him to have “crazy erotic sex” with Kathy Bates.

Murphy tells E!Online: “I have always loved [his] work. I loved everything that he’s done, I love the stuff he did in Home Alone, I also loved the sort of the older, more recent stuff that he did. And he hasn’t worked in a while. So, I have this very, very great insane part. And I asked to speak to him on the phone and he said OK. [When] I cast, I never let people read things, usually. I said, ‘OK, here’s the pitch.’ And I told them the character and I told him he has crazy, erotic sex with Kathy Bates and does other things. And he paused and he goes, ‘This sounds like the role I was born to play.’ So, he signed up right then and there.”

I bet.

RELATED: AMERICAN HORROR STORY SEASON 10 THEME MAY CHANGE DUE TO COVID-19

Murphy continued: “All those scripts are written and I’m excited for him to play that part. I’m excited for him to be in my world because I think…I’m gonna want to do a lot of things with him if he wants to work because I think he’s fascinating and interesting, and I think he has a soul. There’s both a lightness and a darkness with Macaulay Culkin that I’m attracted to.”

American Horror Story Season 10 was about to begin shooting when it was halted due to COVID-19. And earlier this week we heard the theme may change amid production shutdowns.

Murphy told TheWrap: “Well I don’t know, because a lot of what I was going to shoot was dependent on a very specific moment, it was a weather-dependent show. So now I don’t know. I don’t know what we’re going to do. I don’t know what I’m gonna do next with that show. I don’t know if I’ll accelerate another season or wait till next year to shoot this oneYou know, nobody so far has called me up and said, ‘OK, we have a plan to move forward for shooting.’ So until that day, everybody is kind of on pause. I honestly don’t know. But it’s a great season and I know all the actors are chomping at the bit to get into it, so that’s all I know.”

RELATED: AMERICAN HORROR STORY SEASON 10 LOCATION POINTS TO POSSIBLE LADY OF THE DUNES CONNECTION

Season 10 will (hopefully) still star Kathy Bates, Leslie Grossman, Billie Lourd, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Finn Wittrock, Lily Rabe, Adina Porter, Angelica Ross, and Macaulay Culkin.

Are you excited for the tenth season of American Horror Story? Make sure to hit us up and let us know what you think in the comments below or over on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram

Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk, Dante Di Loreto, Tim Minear, James Wong, Jennifer Salt, Bradley Buecker, Alexis Martin Woodall, Crystal Liu, Adam Penn, and John J. Gray serve as executive producers. Alexis Martin Woodall, Patrick McKee, Robert M. Williams Jr., and Ned Martel produce.

RELATED: MACAULAY CULKIN JOINS CAST OF AHS SEASON 10 + HINTS AT THEME?

So far we have seen AHS: Murder House, AHS: Asylum, AHS: Coven, AHS: Freak Show, AHS: Hotel, AHS: Roanoke, AHS: Cult, AHS: Apocalypse, and most recently, AHS: 1984.

Many believe that the last season AHS: 1984 was the best yet. In fact, the season sports an 87% approval rating over on Rotten Tomatoes with a Critics Consensus that reads: A near-perfect blend of slasher tropes and American Horror Story’s trademark twists, 1984 is a bloody good time.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: