Malcolm McDowell Talks Silent Night, Deadly Night Remake

default-featured-image
Source Name:

IFC

Source Url:

http://www.ifc.com/fix/2012/04/malcolm-mcdowell-silent-night-deadly-nighthttp://www.ifc.com/fix/2012/04/malcolm-mcdowell-silent-night-deadly-night

Post Thumb:

/apr12/sndns.jpg

Malcolm McDowell Talks Silent Night, Deadly Night RemakeWith news of Steven C. Miller’s Silent Night, Deadly Night remake, known simply as Silent Night, on its way, everyone’s been in quite the festive mood around these parts. It’ll be good to have Santa taking care of the naughty properly again. It’s been too long.

IFC caught up with star Malcolm McDowell, who talked a bit about his character in the film.

“I’m the good guy, and I’m chasing the bad Santa,” he said. “That’s one of the reasons I wanted to do it. I’m happy to do it, and I hope it’s going to be good.” Lord knows playing a “good guy” is a bit of a departure for the actor, who’s mainly been deliciously evil in everything he’s done.

To be produced by Richard Saperstein (The Mist), Brian Witten (Chernobyl Diaries) and Shara Kay (The Barrens), Silent Night is set to go before cameras next month in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, with Malcolm McDowell starring as Sheriff Cooper, a small-town hero ready for some big-time action. Miller will direct from a script by exec producer Jayson Rothwell. Anchor Bay has picked up North American distribution rights to the project that will unspool this holiday season.

Released to much controversy in 1984 due to its ad campaign which depicted an axe-wielding Santa Claus, the original film was summarily pulled from theaters two weeks after its release following angry picketers, only to discover a new life upon its subsequent release to VHS a year later. The original revolved around a teenager who embarks on a killing spree dressed as Saint Nick following the murder of his parents and abuse suffered by the hands of the orphanage’s Mother Superior in which he’s forced to live. There’s no word yet on how closely the remake will follow this narrative, although rest assured there will undoubtedly be a homicidal Kris Kringle at its center.

Stay tuned for more.

Silent Night, Deadly Night

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Be silent in the comments section below!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized