FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> whats the deal with Chiller
commando
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:43 am  Reply with quote

Ok so a few months back I finally noticed the Chiller channel way over in the blocks..like 432 on my local cable(COX)

So I watched it for a few days, and realised they run nothing but old syndicated shows, no complaints on some of the material..namely Tales from the dark side.

Just wondering do they run movies really? I have yet to see a movie played on Chiller!!!
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:04 am  Reply with quote

commando wrote:
Ok so a few months back I finally noticed the Chiller channel way over in the blocks..like 432 on my local cable(COX)

So I watched it for a few days, and realised they run nothing but old syndicated shows, no complaints on some of the material..namely Tales from the dark side.

Just wondering do they run movies really? I have yet to see a movie played on Chiller!!!

On Monday Chiller is airing a President's Day movie marathon featuring Highway to Hell, Dolls, Sleepaway Camp 2, Sleepaway Camp 3, Killer Klowns From Outer Space, and Trilogy of Terror II.

They air movies all the time; check their schedule for more info on airings and the like.

http://www.chillertv.com/app/Schedule/
Maximum Destruction
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:09 am  Reply with quote

i would like more good horror movies and less cgi monsters getting shot at by guns with unlimited ammo. definately not scary
vorodex999
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:50 am  Reply with quote

they have been showing SciFi channel movies alot here lately. Wish they would go back to showing Phantasm 2 or Other obscure horror
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:24 am  Reply with quote

Chiller sucks. They play edited versions of horror movies and old Scyfy channel TV movies. When they're not doing that they're playing old horror/fantasy shows.

God I miss Monsters HD.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:59 am  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
Chiller sucks. They play edited versions of horror movies and old Scyfy channel TV movies. When they're not doing that they're playing old horror/fantasy shows.

God I miss Monsters HD.

Yeah, ever since Chiller came under the aegis of Syfy in late '08 (and moved from L.A. to 30 Rock), their schedule's gone down the shitter. When they were in L.A., they had autonomy, and it was common to see classic Universal horror films and out-of-print '70s horror flicks. But now they've been airing, as you said, old Syfy original movies and it's not as good as it once was.

Meanwhile Sleuth, NBC Universal's mystery/crime cable channel (under the aegis of USA Network), is airing American Wedding in the upcoming week. I love that great mystery movie...will Jim and Michelle get married? Will Stifler be outrageous? Sleuth...your one-stop for all things mystery/crime!

It's good to see you again, Terminal.
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:02 pm  Reply with quote

FilmCritic3000 wrote:
Terminal wrote:

God I miss Monsters HD.

Yeah, ever since Chiller came under the aegis of Syfy in late '08 (and moved from L.A. to 30 Rock), their schedule's gone down the shitter. When they were in L.A., they had autonomy, and it was common to see classic Universal horror films and out-of-print '70s horror flicks. But now they've been airing, as you said, old Syfy original movies and it's not as good as it once was.

Meanwhile Sleuth, NBC Universal's mystery/crime cable channel (under the aegis of USA Network), is airing American Wedding in the upcoming week. I love that great mystery movie...will Jim and Michelle get married? Will Stifler be outrageous? Sleuth...your one-stop for all things mystery/crime!

It's good to see you again, Terminal.

Wow, I didn't know all of that.

Yeah, American Wedding is such a great mystery movie. The whole dog shit confused with chocolate bit was so suspenseful!

Thanks Filmcritic3000, it's good to be back!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:12 pm  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
Thanks Filmcritic3000, it's good to be back!

And it's great to have you back!