FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Radio 666 -> Soundgarden Is Reuniting!
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:03 am  Reply with quote

Hell yes!

http://www.chriscornell.com/news/default.aspx?nid=24160

Quote:
Knights of the Soundtable

Posted by CCadmin on 12/31/2009 | Comments

The 12 year break is over and school is back in session. Sign up now. Knights of the Soundtable ride again! www.soundgardenworld.com

Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:12 pm  Reply with quote

Wow. The awesomeness of Alice in Chain's album might have had something to do with this eh?
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:01 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title

I'll try to be cautiously optimistic about this. Cornell's pretty dead to me, these days.
The Butcher
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:03 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Cornell has become Jennifer Lopez.

My pal is the one who sang at the 3/4 reunion when they did Hunted Down/Nothing To Say/SPoonman at the Crocodile here in Seattle, and he's real tight with Kim. I'm really surprised this is happening, as I was literally having a beer with Thayill at a club about a month ago and he absolutely cannot fucking stand Cornell.

Weird.
Permafrost
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:35 pm  Reply with quote

The Butcher wrote:

My pal is the one who sang at the 3/4 reunion when they did Hunted Down/Nothing To Say/SPoonman at the Crocodile here in Seattle, and he's real tight with Kim. I'm really surprised this is happening, as I was literally having a beer with Thayill at a club about a month ago and he absolutely cannot fucking stand Cornell.

Weird.

Yeah... That is weird. Chris, as far as I can tell, simply can't sing like he used to. I have no doubt that Kim and the band can still kick ass, but I'm afraid that as good as this news is, it could end up sounding... weak.
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:03 pm  Reply with quote

Permafrost wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Weird.

Yeah... That is weird. Chris, as far as I can tell, simply can't sing like he used to. I have no doubt that Kim and the band can still kick ass, but I'm afraid that as good as this news is, it could end up sounding... weak.

I don't know about that. I saw Audioslave a while back, and Chris's voice sounded great to me. Was never a huge fan of Audioslave, but love both Sound Garden and Rage Against the Machine, and they ended up playing Bulls on Parade, Killing in the Name, Sleep Now in the Fire, Black Hole Sun, and Rusty Cage. It was a badass show. I was also sitting about 10 feet from Tom Morello, who is one of my favorite guitarists.
arandomthought
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:27 am  Reply with quote

I'll be cautiously optimistic as well.