FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> The Niche Cable Channel You've Always Wanted!
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:32 am  Reply with quote

http://www.wedcentral.com/

Apparently Rainbow Media (which owns aMC, IFC, sundance channel, and WE tv) launched this channel on August 19th.

So how long before it rebrands into something else entirely?

Quote:
Wedding Central is the ultimate television destination for women to indulge in all things related to dating, relationships and weddings. The network currently offers more than 300 hours of series and specials culled from the unsurpassed library of popular relationship and wedding programming found on WE tv, with plans to offer channel-specific original programming in the next year. At launch, series featured on Wedding Central includes: Single in the City; Girl Meets Cowboy; Rich Bride, Poor Bride; Girl Meets Gown; Platinum Weddings; and Bridezillas. Wedding Central is available in SD and HD.

Building on the growing capabilities of interactive television, Wedding Central will provide viewers with multiple opportunities to interact with the network’s programming via their remotes. Participation will run the gamut from voting for their favorite bride to sharing their opinions on her favorite dress to connecting directly with local and national advertisers. Polling and quizzes will also be offered.

WedCentral.com, the digital extension of Wedding Central, features original and exclusive relationship and wedding-themed subject matter, games and user-generated content. The site will also offer a robust line-up of interactive web content, featuring voting, polling, and mobile opportunities that will connect viewers to specific programming on the network.

nonserviam03
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:38 am  Reply with quote

isn't this called Lifetime?
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:53 am  Reply with quote

nonserviam03 wrote:
isn't this called Lifetime?

Ha. Nope, just another channel dedicated to the female demographic. That makes four now - the aforementioned Lifetime, Oxygen, WE tv, and Wedding Central.
MethRattle
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:37 am  Reply with quote

This channel will live forever. FOR EVER. Mark my words.
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:54 am  Reply with quote

MethRattle wrote:
This channel will live forever. FOR EVER. Mark my words.

I give it a couple of years before Rainbow Media rebrands it. But to what niche genre? I hear science fiction was recently vacated...Mr. Green
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:40 am  Reply with quote

There's not much Wedding crap you can do. I imagine it will get old really quickly and then they'll start airing movies with a wedding theme, and soon romance movies, and then regular movies, and finally just reimagine the channel altogether.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:15 pm  Reply with quote

A divorce channel would be more popular. Duh!
IkeCarr
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:49 am  Reply with quote

Isn't TNT now pretty much a women's channel ? Look a their slogan, "We know drama." Might as well be, "We have no balls."
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:05 am  Reply with quote

IkeCarr wrote:
Isn't TNT now pretty much a women's channel ? Look a their slogan, "We know drama." Might as well be, "We have no balls."

Yep. TNT went from Monstervision to shows about middle aged C grad actresses solving crimes. It's pretty much become just a beefed up Lifetime network.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:50 am  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
IkeCarr wrote:

Yep. TNT went from Monstervision to shows about middle aged C grad actresses solving crimes. It's pretty much become just a beefed up Lifetime network.

I've heard good things about their original series Leverage and Dark Blue.
resevil80
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:39 am  Reply with quote

Leverage and Dark Blue are both watchable but nothing else...Still, I like Law and Order so I can't complain about TNT to much...I miss Up all Night on USA though...there should be a niche channel that just shows movies that were shown on Up all Night.....Anyone remember N1...they showed music, anime, bad movies and at night all these Lingerie Competitions...its was very weird, but entertaining nonetheless.
IkeCarr
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:16 am  Reply with quote

I'm a bit bugged that Encore/Action ! doesn't show anime anymore on their channel anymore.