FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Dread Central Cinema -> Special XMas Movie - Gremlins
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:44 am  Reply with quote

I have a sneaky feeling they shouldn't be eating. Not good to eat before going to bed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:46 am  Reply with quote

Keven McCarthy played the villain in Joe Dante's Innerspace.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:47 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
2/3rds done on the cube!
Fair warning, when you finish it completely it does open up a vortex to another dimension. Be sure everything nearby, including yourself, is tied down.

I got it covered, I have a human sacrifice waiting.
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:47 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
I have a sneaky feeling they shouldn't be eating. Not good to eat before going to bed.

I always wondered when did after midnight stop and before midnight begin? sunrise?
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:48 am  Reply with quote

At the convention the dad is at Robbie the Robot from Forbidden Planet walks by, the time machine from The Time Machine is in the background, and Steven Spielberg is riding the bike thing.
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:49 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

I always wondered when did after midnight stop and before midnight begin? sunrise?
There's some jokes about the whole midnight thing in the sequel, like what if you're on a plane and you change time zones, etc..
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:49 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

I always assumed that but it's never said.
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:51 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

if it's sunrise what if you lived in the parts of the globe that stay night for months on end? you'd be screwed.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:54 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

if it's sunrise what if you lived in the parts of the globe that stay night for months on end? you'd be screwed.
Yeah but I think your vampire problem would be worse than your gremlin problem. Unless the two sort of cancel each other out.
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:55 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

Yeah but I think your vampire problem would be worse than your gremlin problem. Unless the two sort of cancel each other out.
or end up with Vampire Gremlins Unsure
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:56 am  Reply with quote

Chris Columbus' script went through a few drafts before a shooting script was finalized. His original version had the creatures killing the dog and cutting off the mom's head and tossing it down the stairs. These elements were never shot due to the fact that both, Joe Dante and Warner Bros. wanted the movie to be more family oriented.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:57 am  Reply with quote

Poor Gizmo.

I think mom's in trouble.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:58 am  Reply with quote

BlackFlagg wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

or end up with Vampire Gremlins Unsure
I think we discovered the plot of the third film.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:59 am  Reply with quote

BlackFlagg wrote:
Chris Columbus' script went through a few drafts before a shooting script was finalized. His original version had the creatures killing the dog and cutting off the mom's head and tossing it down the stairs. These elements were never shot due to the fact that both, Joe Dante and Warner Bros. wanted the movie to be more family oriented.
As much as I would have enjoyed that in a different kind of film I think it would have been too much for this. I like the way it is.
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:59 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
BlackFlagg wrote:
As much as I would have enjoyed that in a different kind of film I think it would have been too much for this. I like the way it is.
Agreed I agree!

Last edited by BlackFlagg on Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total