Showrunner Teases Netflix’s LOST IN SPACE Will Continue After Season 3

Netflix recently announced that its Lost in Space reboot has been renewed for a third and final season. But now it looks like showrunner Zack Estrin has teased to Variety that the series may not be as dead as we all think. I’ll repost his statement with the important bits highlighted:

Estrin says: “From the beginning, we’ve always viewed this particular story of The Robinsons as a trilogy. A three-part epic family adventure with a clear beginning, middle, and end.

RELATED: CLAES BANG WOULD BE SUPER HAPPY TO DO ONE MORE SEASON OF DRACULA

He adds: “It’s also worth noting that, with what these characters go through just trying to survive each episode — if anyone deserves to catch their breath before their next mission — it’s Will, Penny, Judy, Maureen, John, Don West, Dr. Smith… and The Robot.

Finally, he says: “So while this chapter of ‘Lost In Space’ is coming to a rousing conclusion, I’m excited about continuing to explore new stories with my friends at Netflix, and for all of the incredible possibilities that lie ahead.”

RELATED: NETFLIX & ZACK SNYDER’S ARMY OF THE DEAD SPORTS UFC FIGHTERS, LONG TAKES & VIOLENT ACTION

Now I don’t know about you but that sure sounds like the man and the streaming giant have plans to continue the further adventures of The Robinson Family somewhere down the road. What do YOU think? Let us know below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram

Season 2 has an 83% on Rotten Tomatoes with a Critics Consensus that reads: Gorgeous effects and a simple, solid, story help Lost in Space’s second season find itself on stronger ground.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: