FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Radio 666 -> Aerosmith is the party over?
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:08 pm  Reply with quote

Wow, so Aerosmith might be done eh? At least Tyler seems to be and without him they just shouldn't call themselves Aerosmith anymore. Not that I've liked anything they've done since they stopped drinking and doing drugs anyway.
Richard Bastard
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:10 pm  Reply with quote

THANK JEBUS
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:13 pm  Reply with quote

Richard Bastard wrote:
THANK JEBUS

Yeah, that's kind of how I feel too but at the same time no more Aerosmith seems weird. I'd suggest they all become alcoholics again.
dmihatmttl
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:20 am  Reply with quote

Aerosmith's era of suck began for me around the time Alicia Silverstone signed on to be in her first video for them ("Crazy" or "Cryin'" or "Lazy" or "Lyin'" or whatever the fuck it was called -- they all sounded the same, even their titles, for about 10 years after that).

J.N.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:51 pm  Reply with quote

I'm sure if you look up the word sellout in the dictionary you'd find Aerosmith. They were so brilliant once. Much like Genesis. Genesis was a very influential, great progressive rock band but as soon as they kicked Gabriel out and Phil took over they became a pop band. Hey, they lasted a long time and made alot of hits and money but they couldn't hold a candle to the early stuff.

The duo with Brittney was the sign of the armageddon to me. Laughing
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:17 pm  Reply with quote

Don't get too excited. I guess Perry has been touring with his own band and Tyler showed up at one of his concerts and jumped up on stage and said he was coming back to Aerosmith but wanted to take 2 years off. OK, so in that 2 years what would prevent Perry from finding somebody to sing and get back to the 60's and 70's rock like he's always wanted to and just see how it goes? Maybe piss Tyler off even more in the process.

Without Aerosmith Tyler is nothing. Without Tyler Aerosmith is different but making 70's rock again.

Alice In Chains did it.

Oh yeah, I picked up Rolling Stone for the first time since I can remember because they have a Tom Petty interview in it but they also get into this 40 year war with Aerosmith as well. Too bad the cover looks like GQ magazine.
BadAsh
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:11 pm  Reply with quote

Aerosmith has sucked for a while now.

...and I don't just mean the tunes....both Perry and Tyler are total douchebags now despite the crappy tunes.

Not to mention ticket prices for their latest tour were all over $100 (even in the 'cheap seats').

Fuck Aerosmith.
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:22 am  Reply with quote

I never liked Aerosmith.

Both their classic stuff and their modern stuff.

Whenever they're played on the classic rock station in New York I change the channel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address