a

Survival Horror Roguelike The Persistence Coming To PC/Consoles This Summer

I’ll admit, I don’t play a lot of VR games. I travel for work, and the idea of lugging a several hundred dollar headset with dongle attachments wherever I go isn’t appealing. As a result, I tend to miss most new VR releases. It’s not a fate I generally lament, but every once in a while a real winner will slip by under my radar. That seems to be the case for The Persistence. Initially released back in July 2018, The Persistence is a survival horror stealth roguelike in space. And from the trailer above, it looks pretty dope.

Luckily, the game will soon be coming to non-VR platforms. And by soon, I mean Summer… which for me cannot come soon enough. Coming to PC, Xbox One, and PS4, the non-VR variant will feature retooled gameplay, mechanics, and challenge to compensate for the new input. Other than that, the game will still feature the same procedurally generated stealth horror. You’ll still have to use environmental cues to suss out where enemies lurk. Also still available is the asymmetric multiplayer app. Basically, your friends can join your game with their phones and play as the ship’s engineering AI and scout rooms, distract zombies, and even freeze them. I remember these asymmetric multiplayer apps were all the rage a few years ago, so it’s fun to see one coming back.

If you want to learn more about The Persistence, you can click here to find the game’s Steam store page. Please note that players that already bought the PSVR version will be updated to have the non-VR version for free. Also, the game will be playable in both VR and non-VR on the PC.

Add Comment