Who Goes There Podcast: Ep252 – VEROTIKA

Follow me, as I reminisce about a time long ago known as 1993. I was ten years old, in fourth grade, and really wanted to wear my clothes backwards like Kris Kross. MTV had a show called the “Top 20 Video Countdown” and everyday for months the top spot came down to a battle between Collective Soul’s “Shine” and a video of a hairy, shirtless man, yelling about children walking on his lawn. That second video, was my introduction to Glenn Danzig.

Fast forward 27 years and the North Side King’s biggest fan has written and directed a movie adaptation of a comic book he wrote a loooooong ass time ago. The angsty little ten year old inside of me was ecstatic. Then the movie was referred to as “the horror equivalent of The Room“. That movie, is Verotika, this episode is on that movie. (Review at 35:47)

Chris is back again! There is no way Chris would ever forgive me if we covered Glenn Danzig’s first film and he wasn’t involved. Get ready, this shit is fun!

Y’know, sometimes I look at these gorgeous-looking chicks, I mean the ones that look like real knockouts, sexy and all… and I wonder… have they listened to the Who Goes There Podcast episode 252?!

If you enjoy the show, please consider joining our Patreon subscribers. That means for less than the cost of a beer, you get bonus content, exclusive merchandise, and special giveaways! Most importantly, you get to help us continue doing what we love.

The Who Goes There Podcast is available to subscribe to on iTunes and Spotify. Not an iTunes user? You can listen on our Dread Central page. Can’t get enough? We also do that social media shit. You’ll find us on FacebookTwitterInstagramTwitch, and YouTube.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: