FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Rated Ex -> Cannibal Holocaust
RingoJ
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:43 pm  Reply with quote

StrongerThanAll wrote:
funny thing, i completely forgot the animal killings were real. i was talking to somebody about the film and they said they couldnt handle the animal scenes. truthfully, now i find the movie rather boring.

I'm with you on this. I find it rather boring myself these days.
gogomassacre
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:03 pm  Reply with quote
Suspended For Assholery

EATING that mouth wrote:
ive been wanting to see it but have been having trouble finding it. netflix has it but its only rated R which means they probably took out all the good scenes. where can i find a copy... the only one i found was like a year ago, and it was in japanese.

Well keep having avatars where you're hiding your fat with your boobs and I'm sure someone will send you a free burned copy or something. But if not, maybe GreenCine or something, which is like netflix, might have it. Or maybe not. I don't know.
gprime
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:28 pm  Reply with quote

As per the question posed:

>> In spite of the ratings error, Netflix stocks the Grindhouse release, which has some missing footage in the "Last Road to Hell" sequence. It is restored as an extra, but not in context. Avoid if possible.

>>Same is true of Greencine.

>>As has been said, order off of Xploited Cinema. The ideal version to get remains the [url=http://www.xploitedcinema.com/dvds/dvds.asp?title=2275]EC Ultrabit Edition/url].

>>Though regionless, it requires PAL, so you should pick up the Daewoo DVDS150, which you could get for under $50. Call and ask your local Best Buy or Circut City if they have it or can get it, or search online for it.

>>To unlock the DVDS150 (once obtained) follow the following instructions:

Power On DVD player
Press Setup
Press 1,3,6,9,8,8,8 and 8
A new button called Version will now appear in the Setup window
Press Down until you come to Version
Press Play
Press Up or Down to select the required region. Choices are from 0 to 6
Press Setup

Of course you could also buy it pre-modded off of eBay to automatically select the right region and video standard to play it more accurately.
EATING that mouth
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:13 pm  Reply with quote

gogomassacre wrote:
EATING that mouth wrote:
ive been wanting to see it but have been having trouble finding it. netflix has it but its only rated R which means they probably took out all the good scenes. where can i find a copy... the only one i found was like a year ago, and it was in japanese.

Well keep having avatars where you're hiding your fat with your boobs and I'm sure someone will send you a free burned copy or something. But if not, maybe GreenCine or something, which is like netflix, might have it. Or maybe not. I don't know.

wow, what the fuck did i do to you?
gogomassacre
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:31 pm  Reply with quote
Suspended For Assholery

EATING that mouth wrote:
gogomassacre wrote:
EATING that mouth wrote:

No one has to do anything to me. I just use the internet as a torture device. It's what I do.
StrongerThanAll
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:34 pm  Reply with quote
Suspended For Assholery

gogomassacre wrote:
EATING that mouth wrote:
gogomassacre wrote:
EATING that mouth wrote:

No one has to do anything to me. I just use the internet as a torture device. It's what I do.

she pwns bitches, it's what she does.
gprime
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:14 am  Reply with quote

Its true. She's the only female I've ever seen who pwns like a pro.
corpse_grinder99
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:54 am  Reply with quote

EATING that mouth wrote:
gogomassacre wrote:
EATING that mouth wrote:

I would say chest envy but she's fully loaded.

Like everyone said, it's her thing.
StrongerThanAll
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:13 am  Reply with quote
Suspended For Assholery

corpse_grinder99 wrote:
EATING that mouth wrote:
gogomassacre wrote:
EATING that mouth wrote:

I would say chest envy but she's fully loaded.

Like everyone said, it's her thing.

yea, no chest envy there.
Uncle Creepy
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:24 pm  Reply with quote
Pop Culture Icon

gogomassacre wrote:

Is that so? Well guess what gogo, you can go do that somewhere else for a while.

This type of uncalled for bullshit will not be tolerated here. Enjoy your suspension.

And for the record -- I pwn bitches. It's what I do.

You may now return to your CH discussion, and I do not wanna see any more stupidity like this again, please.

Thanks.

Last edited by Uncle Creepy on Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Krugrsgrl
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:54 pm  Reply with quote

Anybody ever seen CH at places like Lacklusters, Hollywood Video etc? That would be funny to think of this movie at places like this.

I feel like I've seen this movie on tv somehow when I was a kid. Somewhere somehow. I remember it's darkness and maybe a cannibal glimpse. I hate wanting to see this movie becuz of the animal deaths. But the rest of the movie I think I'm starting to jones on finally seeing.

corpse_grinder99
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:14 am  Reply with quote

Krugrsgrl wrote:
Anybody ever seen CH at places like Lacklusters, Hollywood Video etc? That would be funny to think of this movie at places like this.

I feel like I've seen this movie on tv somehow when I was a kid. Somewhere somehow. I remember it's darkness and maybe a cannibal glimpse. I hate wanting to see this movie becuz of the animal deaths. But the rest of the movie I think I'm starting to jones on finally seeing.

You can FF through the animal scenes. I did myself. I feel no shame. Laughing
ManiacFromBeyond
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:21 am  Reply with quote

The Grindhouse release has an "animal cruelty free" version. Personally I don't believe in cutting films like that so I'd rather just deal with watching the animal killings than watch a cut version of it.
Finnegan
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:05 am  Reply with quote

ThatOneGuy wrote:
While I don't really care for the animal cruelty, this is honestly one of my favorite films.

I had the most difficult time watching the animal sequences, especially the one involving the sea turtle...everything else, though disturbing, was fair game I think. Honestly, I thought it was absolutely brutal. I'm not really shocked by blood, gore, violence, or anything along those lines but even this made me shift around in my seat in discomfort. I made the mistake of watching it with my girlfriend and a few other friends of mine and she hated every minute of it, and she didn't even watch the more violent parts.

Great movie, good violence sequences, and good social commentary but overall it is so brutal I almost want to forget that I watched it.
EATING that mouth
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:06 am  Reply with quote

i just bought my copy of cannibal holocaust about a week ago. it was great. i made the whole family watch it. Smile my mom closed her eyes during the animal killings. my dad laughed when they killed the turtle. i have to say the turtle killing was a little hard for me to watch. but overall.. great movie. i'm so glad i have my own copy of it. the deluxe edition no less. not to mention i got that last copy the site had. Smile but anyway, i loved it. enough said. Wink