New Clip from Altered States of Plaine Centers Around a Visitation; World Premiere Info

default-featured-image
Post Thumb:

/mar12/plainethumb.jpg

Altered States of PlaineIt’s been a year since last we heard anything about Nick Gaglia’s Altered States of Plaine, but he got in touch this week to provide us with a new exclusive clip and also let us know when and where the sci-fi tinged thriller will be having its world premiere.

Altered States of Plaine will have its debut in May at the 2012 Fantaspoa International Fantastic Film Festival, the biggest genre film festival in Latin America, attracting over 7,000 viewers each year.

It’s an honour for Fantaspoa to hold the world premiere of Altered States of Plaine, the new film by Nick Gaglia. Instead of complaining about budget limitation to create this sci-fi film, Nick (who also co-wrote and co-produced) assembled an amazingly talented team that clearly have put their hearts into the project. In a film industry scenario where much has been done and we see a lot of sequels, remakes, and recycling of same old ideas, ASOP comes to bring something different and proves that it’s possible to be innovative and compelling with a good story and the right talent involved.” – Joao Fleck and Nicolas Tonsho, Fantaspoa Directors.

Gaglia tells us, “I am honored to not only present my work for the first time in person down in Brazil to the Latin American community but look forward to using this piece of entertainment as a vehicle to expand my audience and talk about what is really important to me — raising awareness on the topic of treatment abuse of adolescents in institutions and drug rehabilitation centers. This under-the-radar epidemic here in the United States, where countless teens have been brutalized, raped, and even died in these unregulated facilities, has to stop.

Altered States of Plaine takes a less literal approach to this topic than my previous two films, Over the GW and Aaron Bacon,” he continues. “On the surface it appears to be sci-fi tinged about teleportation, but at the heart it’s a story of a young man’s struggle to cope with the Post Traumatic Stress he developed from growing up in and out of abusive institutions.

Synopsis:
Emanuel Plaine, a young man on the run from a mysterious government agency, is desperate to find a cure for a condition that causes him to wake up at random places around the world when he falls asleep.

Altered States of Plaine‘s cast and crew consist of Kether Donohue (Barry Levinson’s The Bay, Pitch Perfect), George Gallagher (“Guiding Light”), Justin Swain (“Boardwalk Empire”), director of photography Jon Fordham (Independent Spirit Award Nominated Four Eyed Monsters – Best Cinematography), editor Alexander Hammer (Beyonce music videos), sound designer Anthony R. Milch (Tron, Superman), Emmy-Award winning rerecording mixer Andrew Kay (Talladega Nights), singer/songwriter Marc Ribler (This Life), Grammy-nominated musician Jon St. James (Return of the Living Dead), composer John Presnell (Over the GW), and digital intermediate colorist Tom Rovak (frequent collaborator of A-list directors like Tony Scott and Ridley Scott).

For more visit the Altered States of Plaine Facebook page and Nick Gaglia’s official site, and keep it here for updates.

Altered States of Plaine – “visitation” scene from Nick Gaglia on Vimeo.

Altered States of Plaine – Official Trailer 2012 HD from Nick Gaglia on Vimeo.

New Clip from Altered States of Plaine Centers Around a Visitation

New Clip from Altered States of Plaine Centers Around a Visitation

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Wake up in the comments section below.

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized