FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
arandomthought
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:38 pm  Reply with quote

Ryantherebel wrote:
X-Count wrote:
I just watched this a few days ago and I have a couple of comments and questions to ask. No, I don't want no fanboy response to this shit either cause they're either bash you or pick apart things and try to explain shit that doesn't need a long drawn out explanation. First off... why the fuck is this movie 2 and a half hours long? Seriously, with the simplistic story it had, why the fuck did they think it was a good idea to stretch this film for all it's worth? I will say some of the fights were better this time around as you could actually see what the hell was happening for once. Still sick of the pointless and countless explosions in Michael Bay's crap. I hated the new character they threw in with Sam and Mikaela. That bastard was annoying as all hell and I was hoping for a quick and painful demise to him. Also, since when the hell are there Terminators in Transformers? That shit wasn't in the cartoon. Also what was with all the racist stereotyping with the "black" Autobots that seemed like the worse caricatures of black people since fucking black face? Another one is, why the hell did that former mini Decepticon hump Megan Fox's leg? It's not a fucking puppy!

The answer, Bay wants his movies to be awesome and that's his idea of awesome, and that's his tragic flaw. I believe his death will involve him being naked with a hot chick who has a strap on dildo that's made out of TNT.

I want to see that death!
Ryantherebel
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:22 am  Reply with quote

arandomthought wrote:
Ryantherebel wrote:
X-Count wrote:
I just watched this a few days ago and I have a couple of comments and questions to ask. No, I don't want no fanboy response to this shit either cause they're either bash you or pick apart things and try to explain shit that doesn't need a long drawn out explanation. First off... why the fuck is this movie 2 and a half hours long? Seriously, with the simplistic story it had, why the fuck did they think it was a good idea to stretch this film for all it's worth? I will say some of the fights were better this time around as you could actually see what the hell was happening for once. Still sick of the pointless and countless explosions in Michael Bay's crap. I hated the new character they threw in with Sam and Mikaela. That bastard was annoying as all hell and I was hoping for a quick and painful demise to him. Also, since when the hell are there Terminators in Transformers? That shit wasn't in the cartoon. Also what was with all the racist stereotyping with the "black" Autobots that seemed like the worse caricatures of black people since fucking black face? Another one is, why the hell did that former mini Decepticon hump Megan Fox's leg? It's not a fucking puppy!

The answer, Bay wants his movies to be awesome and that's his idea of awesome, and that's his tragic flaw. I believe his death will involve him being naked with a hot chick who has a strap on dildo that's made out of TNT.

I dod too, but sadly we can only see it in our heads.
X-Count
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:31 am  Reply with quote

Ryantherebel wrote:
arandomthought wrote:
Ryantherebel wrote:
X-Count wrote:

Unless someone makes a satire on Hollywood and puts a scene with an obvious Michael Bay look-a-like in it and kills him that way. Mr. Green
arandomthought
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:41 am  Reply with quote

X-Count wrote:
Ryantherebel wrote:
arandomthought wrote:
Ryantherebel wrote:
X-Count wrote:

Unless someone makes a satire on Hollywood and puts a scene with an obvious Michael Bay look-a-like in it and kills him that way. Mr. Green

So how do I get the budget?
resevil80
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:48 am  Reply with quote

It was what I expected....and needed to have about 40 minutes shaved off....I enjoyed the action....but the movie was underwhelming, and I liked the first one.....
Ryantherebel
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:30 pm  Reply with quote

arandomthought wrote:
X-Count wrote:
Ryantherebel wrote:
arandomthought wrote:
Ryantherebel wrote:
X-Count wrote:

So how do I get the budget?

I don't know. Rob a bank "Heat" style?
arandomthought
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:25 pm  Reply with quote

too much risk with a kid on the way.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:36 pm  Reply with quote

The thing that gets me about Transformers is that when they transform from giant robots into a car they would have to retain their mass and if the movie was scientifically accurate the car would then fall through the road into the Earth's crust.

I'll stick to movies like 2001 and Contact for scientifically correct films.
MethRattle
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:20 pm  Reply with quote

I think "South Park" sums up Michael Bay nicely ( heavy paraphrasing here):

General: "Okay, Michael, terrorists have taken over Imaginationland. We're asking top Hollywood directors for ideas, and we need your skills as an action film director to give us a plan to take out the terrorists and save the world's imaginations!"

Michael Bay: "Okay...we send in a team of special forces. They got all kinds of cool guns and equipment. And then BOOM! They attack the terrorists with rocket launchers! And BWOOM! They blow up a fuel tank! And then a meteor comes in and KABOOM! Blows up a building! And..."

General: "Michael, Michael, that's not a plan, that's just a bunch of cool special-effects scenes!"

Michael Bay: "I don't see the difference..."

General: "We know, Michael...we know. Next!"
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:21 pm  Reply with quote

Anyone who watches these movies for scientific fact, you know, a movie about alien robots that can transform into cars, jets, tanks, helicopters and so on, is seriously deluding themselves.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:24 pm  Reply with quote

You also like slasher flicks. Laughing
MethRattle
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:55 pm  Reply with quote

I have a very strong suspension-of-disbelief muscle. I can look over plotholes, bad acting and poor special effects if the film gives me even a tiny amount of cohesion with which to keep my attention on the screen and not on the film's flaws. Michael Bay's films, though, have gotten progressively more inane as his box-office receipts have gone up. The first Transformers movie is the last Bay film I'll pay to see. The mindless masses will make up for my lost admission price in spades, though. One thing I can't fault Bay's films for is giving his Pavlov's-dog audiences exactly what they're willing to pay $10.00 to see. I don't know if he's more directorial hack or financial genius.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:03 pm  Reply with quote

He certainly has found his niche hasn't he? Poeple like to see things blowing up really good and he delivers. Didn't he do Armageddon as well which is also full of scientifically inaccurate bullshit. I have to say though that I enjoy the actual attack on Pearl Harbor and Doolittle's raid at the end of the movie. Could have totally done without the love triangle.