Original WILLOW Director Ron Howard Talks Disney+ Series

Solo: A Star Wars Story co-writer Jonathan Kasdan has completed a pilot script for a series based on director Ron Howard’s very scary kid’s movie Willow with Warwick Davis (Leprechaun) and Val Kilmer (Batman With Nimples). And today Howard talked a but about the series.

Howard tells Collider: “We are developing Willow for Disney Plus. And I don’t know about directing or not, but Jon Kasdan is writing, he’s very passionate about it, great job. We don’t have a green light yet, but if it goes, I’ll certainly want to roll up my sleeves and be a part of that, because that would be great, to revisit that world.”

RELATED: WARWICK DAVIS TALKS RETURNING FOR DISNEY+ WILLOW SERIES

He adds: “…in this world of these event series, they really do look to the showrunners and the key creatives to tell them their vision. It’s one of the reasons why TV has gotten so good, is that they really are looking at the showrunners as authors of something that they’re deeply passionate about. And Jon is deeply passionate about Willow, which tickles me to no end.”

Finally, he reveals: “Warwick Davis is going to be in it and so yes, I think it’s safe to say it’s decades later.”

RELATED: PRE-PRODUCTION BEGINS ON DISNEY+ WILLOW

Are you excited to hear that Jonathan Kasdan has completed a pilot script for a series based on the cult classic Willow? Let us know below or over on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram!

The original film invited you to enter the world of Willow and journey to the far corners of your imagination, to a land of myth and magic, where dream and reality live side by side … to a place that never existed, a time that never was. It is a world where a young man named Willow lives out an adventure that explodes beyond the boundaries of his own hopes and fears.

More specifically, the film concerns the efforts by little person Willow Ufgood (Warwick Davis) to protect a sacred infant from the machinations of a wicked queen (Jean Marsh).

RELATED: PILOT SCRIPT COMPLETED FOR DISNEY+ WILLOW

It stars Warwick Davis as Willow Ufgood, Val Kilmer as Madmartigan, Joanne Whalley as Sorsha, Jean Marsh as Queen Bavmorda, Patricia Hayes as Fin Raziel, Billy Barty as The High Aldwin, Pat Roach as General Kael, Gavan O’Herlihy as Airk Thaughbaer, and Maria Holvöe as Cherlindrea.

Willow was directed by Ron Howard and produced by Joe Johnston and Nigel Wooll from a script by Bob Dolman based on a story by George Lucas. MGM released it back on May 20, 1988.

BUY IT HERE
Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: