Edgar Wright’s LAST NIGHT IN SOHO Involves “Abstract” Time Travel

Edgar Wright’s Last Night in Soho is one of the top genre films we’re looking forward to in 2020.

The film is said to be inspired by other British horror films, such as Nicolas Roeg’s Don’t Look Now, and Roman Polanski’s Repulsion. And today we’re hearing from Wright himself that the film uses the concept of time travel in an abstract way. Whatever that means.

Wright tells Empire:

There’s something I have in common with the lead character in that I’m afflicted with nostalgia for a decade I didn’t live in. You think about ‘60s London – what would that be like? Imagine if you knew everything you knew now, and went back. I’m taking a premise whereby you have a character who, in a sort of abstract way, gets to travel in time. And the reality of the decade is maybe not what she imagines. It has an element of ‘be careful what you wish for’.

Sounds like this is going to be a return to those kinds of time travel flicks where someone gets bumped on the head and coma’s into fight knights or whatever. You know the type.

The film is written and directed by Edgar Wright who produces with Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, and Nira Park. It stars Anya Taylor-Joy and Matt Smith along with Thomasin McKenzie, Diana Rigg, Rita Tushingham, Jessie Mei Li, Michael Ajao, Synnøve Karlsen, Lisa McGrills, and Terence Stamp.

How excited are you for Edgar Wright’s new film Last Night in Soho starring Anya Taylor-Joy? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: