Martin Scorsese Has No Interest in Seeing JOKER

Well, after developing the film for four years, legendary Taxi Driver and Goodfellas filmmaker Martin Scorsese has no interest in, you know, actually seeing Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker.

Specifically, Scorsese tells The New York Times:

I saw clips of it. I know it. So it’s like, why do I need to [see it]? I get it. It’s fine.”

Huh. Scorsese really seems to dislike comic book movies, eh? What did you think of Joker? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram

Phillips recently said about Joker 2: “Joaquin and I haven’t really decided on it. We’re open. I mean, I’d love to work with him on anything, quite frankly. So who knows? But it would have to have a real thematic resonance the way this one did, ultimately being about childhood trauma and the lack of love, and the loss of empathy. All those things are really what made this movie work for us, so we’d have to have something that had an equal thematic resonance.

Meanwhile, Joker sports a 69% rating over on Rotten Tomatoes with a Critics Consensus that reads: “Joker gives its infamous central character a chillingly plausible origin story that serves as a brilliant showcase for its star — and a dark evolution for comics-inspired cinema.”

Read the script HERE.

Todd Phillips directed Joker from a script he co-wrote along with Scott Silver based on DC Comics characters. Phillips also produced the film along with Bradley Cooper and Emma Tillinger Koskoff. It stars Joaquin Phoenix, Robert De Niro, Zazie Beetz, and Frances Conroy.

It hits Blu-ray on January 7, 2020.

PRE-ORDER HERE

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: