FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Helljumper? Sign me up.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:30 pm  Reply with quote

Anyone Playing ODST? I have grown tired of Master Chief and waiting for Bungie to tell a story without having to read a trashy book but this does sound pretty good.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:11 pm  Reply with quote

Wow, nobody around here into Halo anymore eh? If it was just for myself I would've just rented this one since it clocks in at only 6 hours but I bought it because my kids love Halo. My youngest will be especially excited about this one since he was disappointed that Halo Wars was an RTS and not a FPS.
arandomthought
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:28 pm  Reply with quote

Let me know how it is. I can't get too excited because I don't have a 360.
CMax
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:23 pm  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
If it was just for myself I would've just rented this one since it clocks in at only 6 hours but I bought it because my kids love Halo.

6 hours? Must have taken the scenic route eh? It took me 4 hours.

BEST 60 DOLLARS I EVER SPENT! /sarcasm
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:59 pm  Reply with quote

It is definitely overpriced but I don't think Bungie had much to do with that. It was always only an expansion to Halo 3 to tide people over until The Reach comes out. That said to me, a huge fan of the first Halo, didn't like Halo 2 or 3, it was money well spent. I played through the game with my son and it kicks all kinds of ass. It reminded me of why I loved Halo so much and bought an XBox just to play that game and play I did and didn't stop playing it over and over until Halo 2 came out. Halo turned me from a pretty much PC gamer only into a strictly console gamer at this point. With Halo my favorite type of game, the FPS, finally made me feel that I could play just as well on the console with a controller. I know most people think the FPS genre has been done to death already but I can never have enough quality ones to play.

This is a fantastic game and an absolute must play for any Halo fan even if it's only a rental.